8

—Previous Chapter—

The phone in his hand vibrated, and Earth could see a new message from Kao because he kept the chat room open.

Earth read it out loud, "Are you free tomorrow afternoon? Let's meet up. There are lots of things we need to talk about."

"Huh?"

—Chapter 8—

Suddenly, there is another vibration coming from his phone, but this time longer and repeated. Earth was shocked to find Kao's caller ID that seems to glare at him from his phone's screen. He swiped the answer button.

"Hello...Phi Kao?" He said hesitantly.

There was a chuckle from Kao, "Why are you taking so long to answer my text, huh?"

Earth looked surprised at the question Kao asked. Especially since he was confused about what to answer, it would be strange if he said he was surprised by Kao's sudden invitation.

"Why the silence?"

"Ah! Sorry, Phi, I left your chat room open while I was drying my hair. I haven't read yet; what did you text me?"

It was half a lie. Of course, Earth had seen them, but he can't say he was actually quite flustered by the older's invitation. Then, Earth's cheeks get warm when he hears Kao's laugh from the other side of the line.

"You are still clumsy as always. Well, I just asked if you are free tomorrow afternoon. I want to treat you to lunch," Kao said.

'Why doesn't he bring up that he has so many things to talk about?' was the question that nags Earth's mind right after what Kao said.

"I think my morning class will finish a bit late tomorrow," he finally said.

"Class? Where are you studying?"

"Um, at Kasetsart University, Phi."

There was a moment of silence on Kao's part, "I think I met some students from that university yesterday. What major are you taking, Earth?"

Now, it is Earth's turn to be silent. He remembered seeing Kao on that group blind date, but...didn't he already have a girlfriend at that time?

"Earth?"

"Yes, Phi. I'm taking architecture."

Suddenly many voices could be heard from across the phone, but Earth can still make out a female sound there. A bitter smile was all Earth can give out after he heard that. Earth looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was 9:37 PM, which means Kao was with that girl until this late.

Well, Earth can't blame Kao because he doesn't have any rights. They are going out after all, so it's not strange for them both to spend time together.

"Sorry, Earth. Text me which class you take so I can know when you are free tomorrow. I need to go right now."

"Ah, yes, Phi. I will," Earth automatically answered.

"Good night, Earth."

Then Kao disconnected the line. Earth was afraid he would forget to text Kao his morning class, so, instead of telling the older of his course, he gave him his timetable. After sending it, a thought crossed Earth's mind.

'Why did I send my whole timetable?'

Earth shook his head of the thought that Kao might misunderstand something by sending his whole timetable instead of telling him tomorrow morning's class only. Another thought comes across him, but he asks out loud this time.

"Why doesn't he just ask about the time I finish my class?"

to be continue

a/n:
I didn't feel good since yesterday, and I need some vitamins in my system, especially fruits. That is why I just updated today's share of the chapter now. I'm glad I had written up to 9 chapters for this series, so I have to copy-paste it here (because I write in Google Docs), lol.

Updated on the 22nd of March 2021,

junijunipers.