38

"Why would you guess that I worked at a cafe?" Earth tried to sound neutral and not demand the answer to Jay's guessing just now because, truthfully, the uncanny of him guessing right on the mark twice in a row made Earth worried. "What if I work at a restaurant or maybe I trained my customer handling skills because I majored in it?" He arched an eyebrow in question, trying to take the situation lightly.

Jay gave a short laugh. "Like I said, I was just guessing, Coo."

The back of Earth's neck shuddered when he caught the slight purr of his nickname that Jay said at the end. He swears that he heard the older man's tone and the narrowed eyes Jay gave him while he replied.

"So, was I right in guessing? I was usually pretty good at guessing things with my friends." Jay said in confidence, with a slight smirk on his lips.

"No, to all your guessing," Earth added hurriedly when Jay was about to charge him another guessing. "I will seal my lips to your future attempts at questions." He made a zipping motion to his lips with his fingers.

Jay chuckled, "You're no fun," he sounded joking but almost as if he was...disappointed.

Earth lightly laughed to ease his strained brain, which was starting to be warier than the older one. "I'm here to hear all your complaints, your story, or your childish desire which you can't share with the people around you outside. That's my main job as a host," he said, trying to distract the older one from asking further. "Aside from making your drinks of course," he added, clicking the second bottle of Patron XO Cafe Incendio that Jay ordered to the half-filled glass of Chocolate Martinis in Jay's hand.

Then, Jay launched at telling Earth funny stories that ever happened to him. Which made Earth start to feel at ease of his wariness of the older man, especially since Jay looked carefree and very sociable, traits that a stalker won't have...right?

Almost two hours later, Earth shook his head when Jay had left after drinking and chattering away from his own life. He was currently serving drinks on the bar for people who don't wish the company of the hosts. He was mixing Dry Martinis when someone sat on the high stool in front of him. He looked up and was about to greet whoever it was, but Earth was surprised to find out who sat in front of him.

"Back already, Jay? I thought you went home half an hour ago," Earth raised an eyebrow. "You looked kinda tipsy already," he said while placing the martini to another customer sitting farther left from where Jay sat.

"I'm not drunk yet," Jay gave Earth a big grin. "My roommate is staying at his parents' house so I don't want to go back to an empty house just yet," he said with an earnest expression.

Earth chuckled and walked towards the cooler. He took a big bottle out and poured some of the contents into a tall glass. "Here, better drink this to ease your hangover," Earth placed the glass in front of Jay.

"A pear juice?" Jay scrutinized his eyes at the offered drink but was all smiles afterward and gladly gulping down the content.

Earth went to make another order of martini for a new customer. Leaving Jay on the seat, looking at his every move. Which Earth just assumed that the older man had nothing better to do.

"Do you have chocolate milk that I can order?" Jay said when he saw Earth didn't have any order to make.

Earth frowned at the request, "You seemed too fond of chocolate, Jay."

Jay let out a crispy laugh. "I actually just picked up what my boyfriend likes. I usually prefer something bitter, if you were curious."

"Sure, sure," Earth said flippantly and started making the chocolate milk drink for Jay from the fresh milk and dark chocolate they have. Fortunately, the club also serves coffee here, so the equipment was similar to the cafe Earth works at, so he moved at ease here.

"Perfect," Jay said after he sipped the chocolate milk that Earth presented to him. He winked in Earth's direction, while the younger one just looked at him weirdly and continued his work.

At past midnight, Earth work hours ended. He wiped the bar for the last time before smiling big to himself. "Now, I can finally go home," he murmured.

"You're leaving already?" Jay glanced at the watch on his phone.

"You're still here?" Earth had actually forgotten the older man's presence since he was busy mixing the drinks after Jay's 3rd order of chocolate milk.

"Ouch, it hurts to know how easily you forget about me, Coo," Jay placed his hand in front of his left chest in a mocking tone but soon was chuckling at Earth's embarrassed face.

"Sorry," Earth murmured. "Yes, I usually finish at this hour. Goodbye, Jay," Earth trudged towards the backroom after waving goodbye to his too-enthusiastic customer for the night, not looking at the pouted Jay sending his way.

In the backroom, Earth started changing his work clothes to his usual ones. He keeps mumbling to a random song in a chirpy mood. He wore his jeans jacket outside the white shirt he was wearing and picked up his sling bag.

"Can you go back by yourself, Phi Earth?"

Ohm's presence truly startled him. Earth looked at the younger one's face and chuckled. "Of course I can. I'm not a child, Ohm."

Ohm narrowed his eyes at his part-time host, "Fluke said that you need extra protection. Especially because it's already past midnight, Phi."

Earth turned to look at the clock. The club closed at 3 AM, but he usually left before midnight because Fluke had insisted on it. Earth waved his hand flippantly at the younger ones, "It was only a slightly bit later than usual."

"But, Phi..."

"I'm going now. Bye, Ohm. Tell Fluke I said goodbye with a kiss when you both had laid in bed tonight!" Earth left a blushing Ohm alone in the room.

"I pray to God that no dangers befall upon you, Phi Earth," Ohm mumbled while staring at Earth's retreating.

to be continue

a/n:
Let's us pray the same thing for our baby Earth.

***

Anyway, I started publishing the intro for the [ OMEGAVERSE | A/B/O | MPREG ] story of KaoEarth that I had meant to publish earlier this month. It's called:

B E Y O N D   R E L A T I O N S H I P S

Summary:

Kao Noppakao Dechaphatthanakun has been declared as the most dominant Alpha on research done by Forbes magazine. He is also the sole heir to the DT group, the most enormous corporation in Asia. Since his comeback to his mainland, rumor said that he was often found entering hotels with different Betas every week.

Earth Katsamonnat Namwirote is your typical average Beta who spent his life being ignorant of society. He works in a childcare institution because he likes children and wishes to have one of his own someday, but his hopes fell apart because he is gay and a beta. He can still adopt; it's a better choice than not having any at all. One night, his ignorant of who Kao was, drew the older man's attention to himself.

What will happen between an alpha who dislikes omega with a beta who fell in love with the most dominant alpha?

What if they were unaware of the consequences they brought by being together?

***

Updated on the 19th of May 2021,

junijunipers.