27

The alarm on the bedside table blares up at the same time as every morning. A petite hand reached out from burrowing under the thick blanket to turn the sound off; then the hand went back to hide under the blanket again. A sigh could be heard in the dead silence of the early morning. A head popped out of the bed cover where it had been hiding all night long.

"I don't want to go to work," came the whispered whine from the person still lying on the bed.

The memories of last night played back in his little head. Earth groaned at having Boun caught him crying at the bus stop last night. He was pretty surprised when he found Boun holding the helmet in one hand and stared at him from the older man's motorcycle. The older man approached him from his bike to his side in an instant.

"Why were you crying alone at the bus stop, kiddo?" A raised eyebrow greeted Earth the moment he looked up after hearing the familiar tone of voice.

Earth glared at the nickname before sighing dejectedly. "I messed up, Phi. I kissed him on the spur of the moment."

"You kissed him?! What a bold move! I didn't know you had it in you." Boun batted his eyelashes in a teasing manner but was taken aback by the younger one's outcry. He had just remembered that he had found Earth crying here instead of celebrating if the younger one had succeeded in 'making a move', as he said.

After easing his exclamation, Earth looked down at his shoes. "He didn't kiss me back, though," he whispered, but Boun heard it alright, and he wanted to punch himself for his words before.

"Aw poor, poor, baby boy," Boun ruffled Earth's hair. Getting no glare, he would usually be getting after shuffling the younger one's hair. "Don't be so hard on yourself. Based on what you told me, you reacted to the signals you got. A lot of people would have done the same. Hell, I would have kissed my first love right when we met again."

Earth was somehow relieved, but his heart still felt heavy though. So, he remained silent to mull over the older one's words.

Boun chuckled at the sorrowful look Earth had. He gave Earth a big mischievous smile and pulled the younger man's arm towards where he parked his bike. "Let's take a night ride. You need to shout out your worries on our way, let out all the steam so you can feel lighter and sleep easily tonight."

Earth did just what the older man had suggested, and true to Boun's words, he felt lighter and slept like a log when he got back.

The sound of notification coming from his phone startled him from his musing. Earth looked at the message he received and grimaced at the content.

"I forgot to transfer this month's debt repayment," he groaned. He checks his bank account at his phone banking application to find the exact amount of money he needs to transfer to the loan shark.

Earth dropped his phone and let it fall on the bed before gripping his hair. "I'm broke. I don't even have money for food if I paid this month's debt repayment."

His head started to think of any alternative. 

Should I try asking for advance payment at the cafe?

"They won't give an advance withdrawal. Especially since I'm only a part-timer."

Borrowing money from someone?

Earth shook his head hurriedly, "Better not add more debt in my life. This one already a headache to pay back," his eyes glared hard at his phone before sighing deeply.

Looking for a temporary side job?

Earth nodded with a determination on his face.

"That's the best solution."