23

The 14-year-old Earth looked quite taken by the God's sculpture they called human by the name of Kao beside him. He can't take his eyes off of the second-year high school student. They had just met here after Kao basically came to the middle school building's rooftop and gave him a lunchbox.

Kao turned his head and eyes suddenly focused on the embroidery on Earth's shirt. Succeed at making the younger one startled by the sudden interest in him. Kao inched closer to read the student code below Earth's full name, and he chuckled. "How coincident!" He exclaimed.

"What do you mean, Phi Kao?" Earth frowned but marveled at Kao's laugh. It just sounded...mesmerizing?

"Your student code," Kao pointed to the embroidery. "Was the same that I had when I was in middle school."

Earth's eyebrows rose. Really, how coincidental can this be? It's like...

"Fate. We were brought by fate it seems," was Kao's reply which the older one had laughed at what he had said.

Earth didn't mind the laugh; instead, he was stunned into silence.

***

"For real?" Kao's eyes looked at Earth's attire in disbelief; the dress code apparently startled him more than he imagined. "A school uniform?"

Earth giggled at the surprised look adorning Kao's face right now. "Reminiscing memories; the professor said those along the lines of other things."

Kao returned normal not long after, staring dumbfounded at the uniform the younger one was wearing. He took a double look at the pants Earth wears instead of the blue shorts it should have been; he nodded approvingly. "You did right wearing those wools' checkered pants instead of our real shorts uniform. The weather has started to feel cold, especially the event will take place at night and outside to boot."

"I especially like the embroidered of the name and the student code on our uniform, Phi," Earth tugging at said embroidery on his right chest with a fond look.

Kao looked to where Earth was intensely staring at, and he can't help but smile softly at the fond look the younger one was sporting on his face.

"Let's go, Phi."

"Wait, better wear some outer outside the short sleeve shirt, Earth," Kao looked worried at the prospect of the younger one being cold in the night winds.

Earth had seemed to think if he ever had outer that looks good to be mixed and matched with his checkered pants. He doesn't think there is any in his wardrobe, and he didn't want to ruin his outfit because tonight is special. "It's okay, Phi. At least my legs are covered with wool fabric."

Kao chuckled and went to his car. He took out something from the back seat and went back to Earth. He handed a box to the frowned younger one. "Open this."

Earth was astonished when he found a white oversized knitted cardigan inside the big box Kao handed to him.

"It's not like I prepared for something like tonight, but I've been meaning to give this to you," Kao gave out his reason for giving the cardigan. "After I saw you keep forgetting your jacket whenever you get back late from work, I saw this when I passed the store and thought of you. Just take it and don't refuse."

Kao had tried giving him presents whenever the older one felt like it, and Earth had refused it more than once. The younger one doesn't like getting something for an impulsive urge to buy him things—the reason Kao had always said to him.

Instead of a protest, Earth was smiling and silently put on the cardigan after placing the box inside his house first.

"I'm glad I bought the plain looking one that goes on well with every clothes," Kao looked the younger one up and down as if he was making sure Earth looked presentable enough for a festival. He nodded with a slight smile on his lips; he mumbled, "Looks good on you."

Which Earth heard alright, and the next thing he realized, he was sporting light blushes on his cheeks from being embarrassed by the praise.

Kao nodded once more when he finished assessing Earth's fashion. They both got back to Kao's car and then drove to Earth's university in silence.

Earth internally felt hot after hearing Kao's praise. He wished the weather was warmer to have worn the blue shorts too, but he mostly hoped that his plans would work alright tonight.

to be continue

a/n: 
No crop-top, sadly. Just for an update, I already wrote until chapter 40, and perhaps it is reaching its end...? Let's hope so.

Updated on the 27th of April 2021,

junijunipers.