Mission: Gone wrong Part 3

Words: 1391

Maki POV:

I felt like I was floating, until I was able to feel my body again. I felt a numbing pain in my side, It didn't hurt that badly. It was just the type of pain that just stayed there and felt uncomfortable. I felt something warm in my hand. I was finally able to open my eyes, and looked to my right and saw Kirumi holding my hand with one hand and the other holding her phone. It looked like she was reading. Typical Kirumi Even when you're nervous you try to distract yourself by reading or cleaning. I saw her eyes shining a little bit. She must have been crying,

I squeezed her hand lightly. She quickly turned to look at me, and squeezed my hand back. She had a huge grin on her face. Her eyes were red and puffy. Yep she's been crying cause of me

Kirumi*quiet but ecstatic* : Hey you're awake!

I nodded my head. My throat felt very sore. Somehow Kirumi knew and she gave me a cup of water that was next to me. I was really thirsty and ended up drinking like half the glass. Kirumi chuckled at me.

Maki: Thank you.

Kirumi: I'm so glad you're okay.

Maki: What time is it?

Kirumi: A little after midnight.

Maki: I'm surprised you are not asleep, Don't you have work tomorrow?

Kirumi: No I took the day off since I didn't know how long you would be out. I need to get the nurse since you're now awake. I'll be right back.

Kirumi walked out of the room. My phone was on the table next to the bed. I grabbed it and turned it on. I saw a few notifications from Peko and Fuyuhiko saying they hope I get better soon, since they had to leave for the night. I texted them back saying I just woke up and that I was okay. I told Peko that in the morning if they would come to visit to bring the bear. I went to get Kirumi. I also got texts from Kirumi, asking if I was okay since the mission was taking so long. And then I noticed a few other texts from her.

7:30 PM:

Kirumi <3: Hey are you okay? I haven't heard from you or Peko and Fuyuhiko and I are getting worried, especially me.

10:13 PM

Kirumi <3: Fuyuhiko and Peko had to leave, and now leaves me with you. I hope you wake up soon. I don't know what I would do without you.

10:34 PM

Kirumi <3: I've seen your feet twitch a few times. I don't know if you are slowly waking up or dreaming. If you are dreaming I hope it's a good one. I miss your voice already. Is that bad? Maybe not, I don't know. Please wake up.

11:37 PM

Kirumi <3: I can't sleep, I've tried reading, heck I've even rearranged your hospital table a few times to wear myself out. I know you will be okay, but I can't help but worry. Peko was blaming herself earlier because of you getting hurt. She said she "Failed to protect you" I told her that you didn't die. You are alive, that's the only thing I worry about. I told her you will be okay. Because if you weren't I'd probably be broken without you. When you wake up I'll try to make sure you don't see me crying and you see me with a huge smile on my face. I can't wait til you wake up.

That was the last message I got from her. I started to tear up and realized how much she really cared about me. I heard the door open and looked up, It was Kirumi with a nurse.

Maki: *Joking* Took you long enough.

Kirumi: Says the girl that was unconscious for 4 hours.

The nurse did what she needed to do and left the room again. Maki then looked down at her phone that was in her hand.