Mission: Gone Wrong Part 4

AN: This is the part that I cried while writing. You'll probably see why. (Hint when Maki snaps) 

Words: 1472

*When Peko and Fuyuhiko arrived*

3rd POV

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Kirumi: Come in.

Peko and Fuyuhiko walked into the room. Maki was still asleep cuddled with Kirumi.

Peko: Aww You guys are so cute!

Fuyuhiko: I guess Maki is happy you are here.

Kirumi felt Maki start to move, she signaled to Peko and Fuyuhiko to be quiet. Maki opened her eyes and looked up at Kirumi and smiled.

Maki: Morning Kirumi

Kirumi: Good morning, Peko and Fuyuhiko are here.

Maki then turned to look at Peko and Fuyuhiko but regretted it afterwards since her side stung.

Maki: Ugh. Hey guys.

Peko: Do you feel any better?

Maki: Yeah, My side hurts when I move but besides that I'm good. Especially now Kirumi is here.

Fuyuhiko: Maki, You almost broke your promise.

Maki: I know I know. I'm here though aren't I?

Fuyuhiko: Yes, but do you understand how we all would be like if you weren't?

Maki was silent for a moment remembering the texts that Kirumi sent her.

Fuyuhiko: You scared the shit out of all of us!

Maki then snapped.

Maki: I KNOW! OKAY?!

The room went silent. Maki started getting tears in her eyes. Maki pushed away from Kirumi and sat up. Her side hurt but she didn't want to keep laying down. She needed to sit up.

Maki: I know. Hence why last night after I got shot, I automatically put gauze in my wound, It's the reason I tried my hardest to stay awake and why I tried to talk as long as I could, because I couldn't bear having to see you guys mourn over me while I'm in the afterlife. Peko knew how much I cared about KIrumi hence why she asked me to tell her about Kirumi EVEN THOUGH SHE ALREADY KNEW EVERYTHING!

Maki yelled the last sentence. She was shaking, and started to cry. Kirumi sat up next to Maki and put her hand on her back. Maki then continued.

Maki: Right before I passed out, My whole body was numb. The only thing that wasn't was my face. At that point I realized that I was probably going to die. I told Peko to give Kirumi the stuffed bunny I got a couple days ago. I was prepared in case things went wrong. I'm beyond grateful that I'm still fucking alive. Heck when I passed out I somehow got a glimpse of my mind, It was completely black like a void, But when the cognitive versions of you all came in my mind, it lit it up, making the void not near as dark as it was before.

While Maki was talking everyone started to tear up. But Maki continued even longer.

Maki: I had a choice, to either stay or wake up. And I chose to wake up so I could know if you all were okay. So to answer you Fuyuhiko Yes, a thousand times yes I knew what I was risking and I knew how you guys would feel. I scared the shit out of myself as well, but I still put you guys ahead of me. You guys mean the absolute world to me and I would give my life up for you guys in a heartbeat. When I woke up last night and Kirumi went to get a nurse, I looked at my phone, the first notifications I saw were texts from You two. Telling me that hopefully I feel better, and will wake up soon. The next thing I saw were texts Kirumi sent me while I was out. Just by reading the texts I could feel how Kirumi felt. After I finished reading it, Kirumi came in and by that point I had tears in my eyes, and after Kirumi fell asleep I thought about if the situation was reversed. As if Kirumi was unconscious, I would have been scared as hell! So I completely understood and reflected on everything that fucking happened. Which is why no matter what that was my last mission. I will protect you all until the day I fucking die. I don't want this to fucking happen again and I don't think you guys want it to either.