Secret Feelings

Cormac's POV:
I pull the glass door to Meredith's room slowly so it doesn't wake her. Meredith is asleep laying on her side, her hands under her head, knees bent so they are in her chest some. I stand in the door way just watching her for a minute amazed by how perfect she looks, her blanket tucked around her, her hair flawlessly set on her back. I smile watching her peacefully breathing. I'm happy she's off the vent. I shake my head shaking myself out of my previous state as I walk to Meredith. I have to check her vitals and lungs but I know I'm not going to be able to fully with her like this. I don't want to wake her because she need the rest as she gets to see her kids tomorrow. I gently press my stethoscope on her back hesitating because I know it's cold. "This is gone be a little cold." I whisper as I move it around. I place my hand on her shoulder as she moves so that she stays on her side. Meredith places her hand on mine instantly making me get butterflies. "Sorry." I whisper. I can tell she's smiling but she has her eyes closed still. "You're okay Hayes." She replies. I back up and she rolls over looking at me keeping her hand on mine. Her eyes are a beautiful sage green color I could look at all day. "Thank you Hayes, really you have been right by my side the whole time." She says soft. I don't think she can talk much stronger right now. She doesn't have the virus anymore or on a vent but her lungs are definitely damaged. "Did you really think I'd let you do this all alone?" I ask as I sit in the seat that was right behind me. She smiles closing her eyes again. "No." She replies. I move my hand in hers so I'm holding it better.

"C-can you just stay here for a little bit?" Meredith asks opening her eyes. I look at her then at the ground hiding my smile. "Grey, you need sleep." I answer looking back up at her. "I know, I don't want to be alone... I'm scared." I squint my eyes at her confused "I'm here. I'm always here." I run my thumb on the back of her hand. Meredith looks down at my hand in hers as her hair falls in her face. I take my other hand and brush it behind her ear. "I need to check on my other patients get some rest grey." I say standing up. I pull my hand away from Meredith turning to walk away but she pulls my arm back. "Be careful... okay?" She says my back facing her "okay. Get some rest." I reply walking out of the room.

Meredith's POV:
I can't sleep. All I think about every time I close my eyes is Hayes. His blue eyes, how gentle he is, his accent. His accent is very attractive. Hayes and I have been talking for a while now I think he feels the same way I do but I can't tell.

I hear the glass door open again so I sit up. "What are you doing up?" I roll my eyes and lay back smiling. "Couldn't sleep." I reply. Hayes walks over and sits down next to me. "Grey you want to see your kids tomorrow?" I nod looking at him. "You need sleep. Your lungs are going to get worse if you don't sleep." He continues. "Hayes... in case you forgot, I'm a doctor." He pushes my arm playfully. "I had no clue." He replies "you're acting like it." I say with a smile. "Hm, I was gonna yell at you for that attitude you gave me but that cute smile almost made up for it." He states shaking his head lightly. I chuckle "almost?" I ask raising an eyebrow. "Mhm, you can't just give me an attitude. It's not kind." Cormac was teasing me and it was cute "oh did I hurt your feelings? Don't worry I won't do it again." I say mocking him. "Go to sleep." He answers ignoring me. "I can't." I reply. "Grey get some rest or I'm going to tell Maggie she can't bring the kids over." He replies. I look at him with a straight face "look who's feelings are hurt now." Cormac grabs my hand squeezing it lightly. "I'll stay with you for a little while." I nod looking at him.

Cormac's POV:
Finally Meredith's eyes close after about two hours of me sitting there caressing her hand. I knew she wasn't fully asleep yet so I decide to sit there just watching her. It is five in the morning, Maggie is supposed to be here with the kids in two hours.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Next chapter gets a little hot so be aware of that. Idk how I feel about this sorry. These first couple of chapters are just to build some tension between them so hold on I promise this is getting better. Also sorry for the short chapter.