Turned Tables

Cormac's POV:
It feels good to be back at work I've missed it here. "Hayes! I need to speak to you please." Bailey says I nod and walk to her office noticing Meredith looking at me.

"We had to hire a new peds surgeon while you were gone and figured we would keep her. You are still head of peds she works under you but she is working with you." Bailey says. I nod "okay... is she hear today?" I ask. Bailey nods "yes she's working in the pit. You have paperwork to finish. Her name is Patricia Nicole." I nod again "alright thanks Bailey." I reply.

Meredith is standing at the nurses station in the pit as I walk down. I walk next to her looking at her bitting my lip. I glares at me. Meredith and I talked about keeping it professional at work... we weren't really telling people were dating. "Good morning Doctor Hayes." She says looking up from the table she was typing on. "Morning Doctor grey. I heard you got quarantined... how'd that go?" I ask trying to seem normal. "It... was relaxing. Thank you for asking." She replies I nod. "If my sources are correct; you were quarantined as well?" She asks. "Yes." I answer. "How was that?" Meredith was surprisingly very good at acting normal. "Mine was good... I quarantined with someone so I wasn't bored. Relaxing exhausting at the same time though." I answer. Meredith looks up at me giving me a look. I smile. "Were your kids happy to see you?" I ask changing the topic some. "I mean when you got home." I continue as a tall skinny brunette walks towards us. "They were. Haven't left me alone since I got home." She answers I nod.

"Hey... are you the head of peds?" The brunette asks.

Meredith's POV:
Cormac was looking at a beautiful woman not answering her. I nudge his side some. "Yes. Are you Nicole? Doctor Nicole?" Cormac asks. I unknowingly raise an eyebrow watching them talk. "I am oh my god. Okay so I know you're not the chief but in my field you kind of are so I'm going to call you chief." I look at Cormac confused but he doesn't say anything. "You're cute... that'll make my job fun." Doctor Nicole says. I now look at Cormac then at this bitch in front of him. "Hi I'm Meredith... grey." I say holding my hand out for her to shake. She doesn't. "I've heard." She replies giving me a dirty look. "If you'll excuse me Doctor Nicole, Meredith and I are meant to be somewhere else right now. It was a pleasure meeting you." Cormac says placing his hands on my shoulders guiding me to an empty on call room.

Cormac's POV:
I can tell Meredith is upset with the woman I was talking to and I knew if I didn't get her out of there it wouldn't have ended pretty.

"Mer." I say locking the door behind me. "Who the hell was that?" She asks ignoring me. "She is working under me. you can't get jealous of everyone I work with babe." I say Meredith moves so she is facing me better. "I'm not... just the ones who flirt." She replies. I look at her not knowing waht to say next.

Meredith steps closer to me gripping the collar of my shirt as she pulls me closer. "You're mine babe... I don't share." She says before kissing me. I pull away. "I'm yours but you need to share." I say Meredith let's go of my shirt. I instantly regret what I said. "I don't share the way she wants me to. Meredith argues turning around so she's not facing me. "Meredith." I was quiet almost a whisper because I know it drives her crazy. I step forward pulling Meredith back by her hips. Meredith gasps leaning her head on my shoulder. "You're jealous... you have no reason to be." I whisper making Meredith sigh. "You looked at her Cormac... with those eyes." Meredith says as I kiss her neck. "I looked at her but noth with any eyes. Meredith I only like you. No one compares to you... Mer I lo-" Meredith moans quietly "you..." she says. I smile kissing her neck again. Sucking on her pulse spot a little before picking my head up. "I love you. I don't stop think about you. Trust me." Meredith doesn't say anything. "I love you." She replies. My heart skips a beat as she turns to see me. "I love you." I reply. "Don't look at her, or kiss her, or touch her. Only me." Meredith says. I laugh. "K. Kiss me before I go." I says Meredith goes on her tippy toes some but can't reach me so I quickly pick her up supporting her with my hips. "I love you Cormac." She says before she lowers her head connecting our lips.

Authors note:
Short chapter because you deserve it. It was crappy and I apologize but they said I love you.... I wonder how long it will last... 👀

*didn't proofread