Thunderstorms

Meredith's POV:
I open my eyes to Cormac's hand still holding my waist. I was drunk last night... I probably overstepped. I gently place my hand on the back of Cormac's interlocking my fingers with his. "Good morning" he whispers. I don't say anything because I hate mornings. I just want to cuddle and go back to sleep. "You okay?" Cormac sits up so he can see my face keeping his hand on my waist. "Mhm." I reply. "I'm okay I'm just not a morning person." I say closing my eyes as he lays down next to me on his back. "Wh-what happened last night? I know I asked you to stay with me..." I ask turning so I can see Cormac. "You said you were cold on the couch so you cuddled up with me and fell asleep but you were holding your drink when I moved it you woke up and grabbed my waist. I carried you to bed and you asked me to stay." Cormac replies. I smile starting to remember. "Then I pulled your hand on my waist." I say scooting closer to him. "Mhm and now here we are." He responds. "Thank you for helping me, that was sweet." Cormac nod's laying next to me. It feels like we are dating but we're not. "13 days." He says breaking the silence of the room. "Uh I'm already sick of you." I tease Cormac lightly gasps. "Oh really?" He says turning to tickle me I start laughing and squirming under his touch. He pulls me so I'm on top of him still tickling me.

Cormac's POV:
I stop tickling Meredith mostly to give her a minute to breathe but also because she looks really pretty. "That wasn't fair your stronger than me." She says placing her hand on my chest, supporting herself. "That's the point... then I can tickle you all I want." I reply she shakes her head no. "No?" I ask as I start to tickle her again she unknowingly moves her hips against mine. I put her back on her side of the bed keeping the blanket on me. "Hey!" Meredith yells.

After a few minutes Meredith and I stand up to get breakfast. Bam boom Meredith stops. "It's just thunder. You're okay Mer." I say as she turns around to see me. "Are you okay?" I ask. She pushes my shoulder "yes... I'm not a child." She replies "mmm... I don't know I had to carry you last night, now your scared of thunder..." I reply Meredith pushes my arm "shut up." I smile opening the door as thunder strikes again. Meredith jumps into my embrace. "Mer." I softly say. "I have been unconscious for months back off." She replies laying her head on on my chest as she was must shorter than me. I let go of the door knob moving my hand to the back of her head and the other wrapped around her waist. I could feel her relax. her body falling heavier as she lets her breath go. "Mer, you're okay." I say. She nods on my chest.

"Okay I'm hungry can I get food now?" I ask making Meredith laugh. "Yes." She replies still holding me. "You gotta let go then." I respond. Meredith moves back as the lights flicker.

Meredith's POV:
Cormac was in his room because he had a zoom with Richard, Bailey, and Jo. I walk into his room in black jeans and a skimpy tank top, Catching Cormac's attention. He shoos me away turning his camera and mic off. "Meredith!" He says I giggle walking up behind him reaching over his shoulder to put his stuff back on. "Hey Mer!" Jo says. I smile and wave. "Grey you're supposed to be quarantined!" Bailey says. She's always so bossy but it's because she cares. "I am." I reply. Richard runs his hand down his face knowing what I was saying but also knowing jo and Bailey we're not understanding. I run my hands down Cormacs chest some. "Shut up!" Jo yells. I smile so does Cormac.

"Be safe grey." Bailey says. "What's up jo?" I ask backing away from Cormac some. "You- you two are quarantined together! Please tell me it's more than that." Jo replies excited. I shake my head "no Doctor Hayes and I are just friends. Our rooms happened to be connected so we are quarantining together." I say sitting on Cormac's bed that was directly behind him. "Uh-huh." Richard says making me smile.

"What you did with your hands is very much not just friends." Jo replies "tell me about it Wilson." Cormac cuts in. I lean forward pushing his arm in a playful way. "Okay Doctor Grey, party's over... we have work to do." Cormac says I walk up behind Cormac hugging him as he kisses my cheek before I walk away. "They are not just friends." Bailey says as I walk back into my room.

Cormac's POV:
My meeting ended so I went back into her room. "I may just actually kill you." I say Meredith laughs as I climb on bed laying on top of her lightly placing my head on her lower stomach. She puts her hands on my head "you and Jo would be cute together." She says I pick my head up looking at her surprised "uhm no. She's pretty but I have my eye on a different girl, and she doesn't think before she speaks." I lay my head back down on Meredith she doesn't answer for a minute. "What girl do you have your eye on?" Meredith questions rubbing her hand on my neck. "Someone pretty special." I answer "Mhm. Jo thinks before she talks Cor." I close my eyes as Meredith protest against jo. "Well then she's arrogant and doesn't care." I reply wrapping my hands on her waist. "I don't know what she did to you but you seem to hate her." Meredith says scooting her body down more as I scoot up. "Mm." I say in response before we both fell asleep.

I wake up with Meredith still asleep. I was still on her but needed to get up to go to the bathroom. I carefully stand up and walk away.

"You're up?" I ask walking back into the room. "Mhm. I was before you got up." Meredith replies. "What girl do you have your eye on?" Meredith asks. I smile and look at the ground. "I already told you, someone special." I answer sitting down next to her placing my hand on her side. "Yeah but who?" She questions. "Can't say..." I reply. "Cor." Meredith says placing her hand on my arm. "Meredith." My voice was soft, caring. She looks in my eyes I just want to lean down and kiss her but I can't. "Is it Jo? Carina? Amelia?" Meredith starts throwing out names. "Amelia is dating link." I protest "yeah but if you like her you like her." I shake my head looking at the ground "the gir- woman I like is close, special, jaw dropping beautiful, extremely smart, kind... yeah that's all you get." I say standing up.

"I hate you." Meredith replies. My back was facing her so she couldn't tell and I knew she didn't mean it but hearing that hurt. "No you don't." I state. Meredith walk's up behind me wrapping her hands around my waist from the back placing her head on my back. "No... I don't." She replies. I grab her hands opening them so I can turn around "you don't?" I ask looking down at her. "Uh-uhu. You're my best friend Cor... no matter how many times I say I hate you or you piss me off I love you." Meredith says. I smile and pull her closer to me. "You're cute."

AUTHORS NOTE:
They are kind of moving fast but they are just friends right now. What did you guys think about this? What do you think will happen next?