I Need a Touch

Meredith's POV:
"Hey guys! I missed you." All three of my kids come running to me. I was sitting on the edge of the bed. "Mommy!" Zola said wrapping her arms around me. Cormac is in the corner of the room because Maggie can't be in here and he needs to make sure I don't code or die. I look at him as everyone is hugging me and can see he is crying but I don't say anything. "Mommy Doctor Hayes always helped me talk to you!" Ellis says I smile mostly because I'm grateful they got to talk to me. "That was so kind of him Ellie." She nods and wraps her arms around me again as Cormac walks up behind her tickling her. She starts laughing uncontrollably which makes us all laugh.

The kids went back home with Maggie and Amelia. I'm in my room all by myself which I have grown to hate. I liked it a little at first, a break from the kids and work, time to just sit, it was quiet... those reasons slowly grew to be the reasons I want to leave.

"Hey." Cormac says. He has a drink tray in his hands and a brown paper bag so I stand up and walk over to help him. "Hey." I reply taking the drink tray. The room grows quiet for a few moments. The only sound of the paper back being placed down by Cormac. I walk over next to Cormac placing the drinks down next to the paper bag. I turn to look at him our eyes lock "what's wrong?" I ask. He just looks at me. I place my hand on his chest only touching him with my fingertips but barely touching him. He sighs a little making me smile. "Why were you crying?" I continue. "I'm just happy you got to reconnect with your kids. I miss the boys and I know they would have loved to reconnect with Abigail." He replies I look at him as a tear rolls down his cheek I want so badly to wipe it off with my thumb but I don't want to over step. Cormac moves his head down resting it on my forehead "Grey." He whispers with his eyes closed. "Cormac" I reply matching his tone. He brings his hand up by my cheek hesitating to touch me. I place my hand on his arm lightly pushing him telling him it was okay. He picks his head up our eyes again locking as he caresses my cheek. "Meredith..." I smile hearing him say my name. "Did you call me Meredith?" I ask copying him from earlier. "I- I- I-" he was stuttering and seemed nervous. "It's okay. I like it... say it again." I say quiet and soft. "Meredith." Cormac says smiling "I got you food." He continues as the smile on his face fades. "Thank you." I reply sitting down on the edge of my bed.

Cormac and I ate the Chinese food he got and picked up our mess. I grab the bag Amelia got me earlier pulling out a pair of shorts and a tank top. "I'll be right back." I say getting up and walking to the bathroom.

Cormac's POV:
All I can think about is Meredith. Anything I do I think about her, eat, sleep, surgery, drive, I even think about her when i have a normal conversation. Meredith and I have been talking for about five months, I want to be able to call her mine. I want to kiss her, tease her, sleep with her, I want her.

Meredith walk's out of the bathroom in her pajamas. She has on short shorts with a tank top and her hair down. I smile as she walks closer to me. She sits down on her bed, I place my hand on her thigh closer to her knee. "Hey." I say as my eyes lock with hers. "Hi." She replies. "M-Mer... you should get some sleep." Meredith places her hand on mine pulling gently I sigh as she pulls my hand up her thigh more. "Stay with me. Please." She says. "Meredith." I respond not really giving her an answer. She smiles when I say her name. "Hm?" She runs her hand up my arm sending shockwaves down my spine she is driving me crazy and she knows it. "Are you actually going to sleep if I stay or are you going to look at me all night?" I ask. Either way I'm staying I hate that hotel it's lonely and smells weird. "Sleep." Meredith replies. "Okay." I get up to turn off the lights and get Meredith a blanket. I drape the blanket over Meredith and go back to my spot. "Good night grey." I say watching her. "Night Hayes." She replies as her eyes close.

I could peel my eyes off her. She looks so peaceful I jsut want to climb into bed next to her and hold her but I know I can't. I clear my throat as quiet as I can. "Look who's looking now." Meredith whispers keeping her eyes closed. "Sorry." She opens her eyes readjusting to see me better. "What are you thinking about?" She asks. I smile "you. I'm thinking about you." Meredith's eyes sparkle from the faint light in the hall. "Oh yeah?" She replies making my heart skip a beat. "Mhm." Meredith sits up, "what are you thinking about me?" She questions as I sit up. "We're you really asleep?" I ask ignoring her previous question. She nods "yeah... I had a dream. What were you thinking about?" I sigh looking at her as her hair falls in her face some. She brushes it out of her face placing her hands in her lap looking at her fingers. "I was... I was thinking about you. How pretty you are and- and things you don't need to know." I answer Meredith nods. "What was your dream about?" I ask in return. Meredith bites her lip looking up at me then back at her hands. "This special person... it wasn't appropriate." She replies. "Hm ."
"I was dreaming about what I- what I want him to do to me. How he would make me scream, my legs would shake, I wouldn't be able to walk. That kinda thing." Meredith catches my attention as she says this because she is not the type of person to talk about that stuff with me unless I was- "Mer... who was helping you with that?" I ask. She shakes her head. "No one... I did it." She replies I laugh. "Mmm no you said him and he..." I protest. She smiles "don't worry about it hayes."

AUTHORS NOTE:
This chapter was kind of crap and I apologize. I'm not fully sure where this story is going to go but I'm excited. I have noticed that this isn't necessary something you would see either cormac or Meredith do and I have noticed this story follows that pattern. Let me know what you think.