Eye Of The Storm

Meredith's POV:
"Hey, hey what's wrong?" I ask walking closer slowly. "I need a minute... to just- I need a minute." Cormac replies. I nod play with my fingers like I do when I'm scared and nervous. "I'm here when you need me."

Cormac's POV:
I'm not trying to be mean or hurtful to Meredith. I like her a lot and want this relati- fri- whatever this is but I feel guilty. Meredith walk's out of my room leaving me on the floor unable to move, breathe, think. "Mer- Meredith!" I yell. She walks back. "I-I-I-" I stutter as tears roll down my face. "It's okay. I'm right here." She says sitting down next to me. She doesn't move, she doesn't say anything she just sits down. I look at her very clearly hurt. "M-me-Mer-" I stutter trying to catch my breath. "Shhhh. Shhh." She says as I lean on her. She wraps her arms around me, just holding me as I cry. I feel vulnerable, scared, guiltily, and horrible. "It's okay. It's okay." Meredith says lightly rocking the both of us back and forth.

"I-I-I feel- like I- I cheated." I yell looking at her she nods raising her eyebrows "I know, I know Cormac it's okay." She replies. Meredith is younger than me by two years but is much better at this people thing. "I-I-I can't- I can't breathe." Meredith places her hand on my face wiping a tear away. "Yes you can." She replies I shake my head no at her. "Yes you can." She repeats herself. "No! No I cannot." I was getting mad now. "Cormac, yes you can." She kept a calm voice. she knows how I feel she done this before.

"You look like crap." She says making me smile as I wipe my face. "There's that smile that makes my world stop." She says taking my hands in hers. I smile bigger as I look down. "You can breathe. You are okay. You didn't cheat." Meredith says looking in my eyes. "But I did." I respond. Meredith shakes her head "no you didn't. We're not dating. You are okay. Cor... let's talk about it." She replies with a smile. I could tell it was forced, it was fake but she did it to make me smile. I nod. "Am I supposed to feel like this?" I ask leaning my head on her shoulder. "Yes. You're supposed to feel like this. It'll go away." Meredith replies. "I love her; Abigail I love her and I kissed you... why the hell did I kiss you? Why the hell did you let me kiss you?" I say calming down a little.

Meredith's POV:
I know cormac is hurt. I know he will look back at this and be thankful I'm here to help but his words felt like hands digging into my chest ripping out my heart.

"I let you because I know you wanted to. I know you don't like it now but kissing me was good." I reply trying not to turn the table on him saying it was his fault. "I-I'm sorry you didn't- fuck." Cormac started to cry harder. "Hey hey hey it's okay you're fine just... talk Cor or don't lay in bed all day." I didn't really know what to do. I didn't expect this to happen like this. I cleaned... I cleaned my house like a crazy person looking for a blanket. We're in a fucking hotel. I can't tell him to clean.

"She told me she was okay with it. Before she died she told me to love someone new and that it was okay but I didn't expect it to hurt this much." Cormac cries. I don't say anything yet. "I want to... I want to move on I'm ready. Will this stop? Will I ever be able to kiss someone new with out think of Abigail?" Cormac asks. I smile "yes, yeah you will kiss me again without thinking about her. The first couple of times is hard but after you will be okay." Cormac smiles looking at me as a tear runs down his face, I wipe it away. "You said kiss you. I get to kiss you again?" He questions. "I'm thinking about it." I reply teasing him. He laughs.

"You- you uh kinda killed jo." I say Cormac nod's "good. You said no and she kept pushing." Cormac replies. I nod "okay but was the French kiss very necessary?" I ask raising an eyebrow. "Probably not but it felt really good... and you liked it." He says. I nod "I did... I liked it more than you think I did." Cormac raises an eyebrow "like... how much?" He questions I laugh "mm enough to want more than a kiss." I reply looking in his eyes "but! But I'm not doing that with you for... a while Cormac. If there's one thing I recommend it's to take it slow." I continue he nods. "But you liked it!" He says all excited like a kid in a candy store. "Mhm." He places his hand on my leg.

"You look like crap" he whispers "look who's talking." I reply with a smile. "Kiss me." He says. I hesitate but lean forward kissing him. His tongue begging for entrance which I strongly deny backing away from him. "That was a tease." He whispers "take it slow." I match his tone. "Not that slow." He protest.

"I would love to point out that this morning when I said I wasn't getting out of bed, that I just wanted cuddles all day was a wonderful idea." I say as cormac lays his head on my lap still on the floor. "But then we wouldn't have had this experience." He protests. I look down at him, his eyes red and puffy from crying, his skin pale, cold, and tired. "Mhm." I hum softly.

"Come on let's go cuddle and sleep... you're tired." I say looking him in the eyes. "I don't want to move." He replies. I place my hand on his chest messing with the soft fabric of his t-shirt. "You need rest, water maybe some kisses. Doctors orders Hayes." I reply as he sits up. "Well if its Doctors orders." He says. I put my hand out for him to take as I help him up. "This should really be the other way around." He says as we walk to my room.

Cormac's POV:
I lay down on Meredith like I had a few days before. My head on her lower stomach, my arms hugging her sides as she rubs her hands on my neck and head. "Thank you." I say with my eyes closed. "You're welcome but that's what I'm here for." Meredith replies. I nod on her. Laying the way we are has grown to be one of my favorite things.

"Mer... what was that kiss?" Meredith asks making Me chuckle "a... kiss." I reply picking my head up so I can see her. "No but what was it? What does it mean?" She questions. I look at her gently resting my chin on her stomach "what do you want to be?" I question. She sighs "okay this isn't going to work if you keep asking me the same thing I'm asking you." Meredith says locking eyes with me. "Meredith... will you be my girlfriend?" Meredith freezes looking at me. "Uh- I- nnn-"

AUTHORS NOTE:
You guys got a lot of chapters today. What does Meredith say? How did you feel about Cormac's situation?