Cop car

Meredith's POV:
"Cor stop spending theres cops everywhere." I say as Cormac pulls up to a red light slamming on the brakes. "Babe!" He looks at me placing his hand on my leg "you're okay, I wouldn't let you get hurt." He says. I look at him anger taking over my face. "Hey, I love you I wouldn't hurt you. We're fine." He continues. I sigh "can I drive please. I want to drive." I ask as the light turns green. Cormac speeds up going well over the speed limit. I grip the arm rest of my seat becoming extremely uncomfortable. "Slow down or let me ou-" blue and red lights reflect in the rear view mirror as the screeching sounds of sirens drown out my voice. "Shit." Cormac says slowing down. "What the fuck did I tell you?" I was mad. I told Cormac to slow down multiple times. "I'm sorry." He replies as the cop walks to the window holding a flashlight.

Cormac's POV:
I know this isn't going to go well. I haven't told Meredith but my license is expired and is still my drivers license from Switzerland. "Hello sir, license and registration please." The officer says as I roll the window down. I pull both out of my wallet. "In a hurry?" He asks seeing Meredith was very clearly upset. "Uhh kinda- I guess." I reply. Meredith looks at me pissed. It's become very obvious to me that I am not getting what I wanted from her tonight. "No, he is not." Meredith corrects me. The officer laughs "he just doesn't want to listen to me." I look at the officer almost expressionless. "Alright I'm gonna go run these and then I'll be back. Just hang tight." He says before walking away.

I turn to look at Meredith who was looking down trying not to make eye contact with me. "Babe..." I say resting my hands on my lap. "You're sleeping on the couch I don't even want to look at you." She replies. I throw my head back on my seat. Why didn't I listen? What the fuck is wrong with me.

I place my hand gently on Merediths jawline caressing it. I slide my hand under her chin gently lifting her face for her to look at me. "I love you... okay? I love you and I never meant for this to happen." I say keeping my hand under her chin. She smiles "I know babe." I lightly run my thumb over her lip barely touching her. "Kiss me Meredith." I whisper. She looks back at the cop car before leaning towards me placing a soft and quick kiss on my lips pulling away before I can even try to stick my tongue in her mouth.

"Doctor Hayes, who's your friend with today?" The officer asks holding his hands on his belt "Meredith grey." I reply. He nods. "Okay, Doctor Hayes I'm going to ask you to step out of the car please. Doctor I'm going to ask you the same." Meredith looks at me taking a deep breath before getting out. "Doctor Hayes I believe you already know this however, your license is invalid."

AUTHORS NOTE:
Short chapter for now. I'm not dragging this storyline out to far this time.