First...?

Meredith's POV:
"Doctor Hayes, enough!" I yell over a patient on the operating table, after he had been yelling. "Page Bailey or Webber now!" I look up at Cormac very clearly pissed off. I take a step back holding my hands in the air. "Doctor Hayes back away from the patient." I say watching him pick up an interment shaking his head. "I'm head of peds." His voice quiet again bashful and clearly upset. "Cormac Hayes." Bailey says from the door. "Back away from the patient now!" Her voice stern. He drops the instermnt looking me in the eye. "Can you scrub in or get Wilson in please?" I look to Bailey who nods as Cormac rips off his scrub cap throwing it on the ground along with his gloves and mask. I sigh shaking my head.

I successfully finish the surgery with the help of Bailey. I walk over to Cormac's scrub cap on the ground picking it up. I smile looking at it in my hands before slipping it into my pocket. "Meredith... can I speak to you please?" Bailey asks I nod with a smile walking to her office.

"What was that about?" Bailey questions as i sit down. "He's been acting weird since his hearing but that went well... I just think he's trying to be cautious not wanting to get in trouble at work too." I explain. Bailey nods "okay. Make sure he's fine by tomorrow or I'm suspending him." She says I nod walking out of the room.

Cormac's POV:
I had a long day. Meredith and I haven't spoken since the OR but she's spending the night at my house because the boys are at Irene's. I got home first and knew I pissed her off today so I decided I get her favorite flowers.

I hear the front door open as I walk downstairs. "Hey baby" I say smiling big as I walk to Meredith with my arms open. She looks at me walking right to the kitchen. "Meredith!" I say disappointed. "We need to talk." My voice now serious. She stops in her tracks. Meredith turns on her heels still not speaking. I walk to her standing in front of her now. "Meredith... I'm sorry." I place my hands on her hips, she pushes them away. "Baby!" I whine. I want to cry. Seeing Meredith hurt seeing her mad because of me is killing me. "Enough. Enough with the "baby" and the trying to be cute. Cormac the way you acted today was unexceptable and not okay." She grabs a water out of the fridge. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted that way." She nods. "I'm taking a shower and going to bed." She says looking at me... then it hits me this is our first big fight. I can't let her go to bed mad. "No." I say looking down rubbing my hand on the back of my neck. "Babe I do not have the energy to argue I had a long day and just want to take a hot shower." She says I nod knowing I wasn't going to let her go to bed without talking.

Meredith starts the shower so I know I have about ten or fifteen minutes I get her flowers bringing them upstairs laying them on our bed with my tee-shirt, a pair of panties and shorts for Meredith. I quickly grab a towel and her favorite blanket running downstairs to the dryer I throw the towel and blanket in turning it on for thirty minutes. I walk upstairs changing into grey sweatpants with no shirt. "Cormac can you get me a towel?" Meredith yells from the bathroom I smile to myself knowing she's already going to be in a better mood. I run downstairs grabbing the towel but leaving the blanket I turn the dryer back on for the remaining time. "Here I warmed it." I say cracking the door, she takes it from my hand not saying anything. After a minute the door opens. "Hey." I say tiptoeing around Meredith. "Hi." She says standing right in front of me. Meredith is in a big white towel a matching one holding her hair up. "I love you." She says going on her tippy toes planting a quick kiss on my lips. "I'm still mad though." She says making me chuckle "I love you too." I say turning around to see her looking at the bed. I smirk walking up behind her wrapping my arms around her waist. My head hides in her neck. "I got clothes for you... my shirt and shorts if you want. Flowers too." I say before kissing her neck. "Mm babe you can't silence me with kisses and flowers." She replies I chuckle knowing my breath immediately gave her goosebumps. "Cold?" I tease as my hands mess with the towel she has on. She nods lightly "get dressed we can cuddle... and talk." I say letting go of her.

Meredith's POV:
After I throw on Cormac's shirt and panties the door opens. "Here" Cormac's throws me a blanket of his that happens to be my favorite. I smile feeling it. "You warmed this too?" I ask walking over to him. He nods. "Of course I did." He replies looking down at me as I wrap my arms around him. I'm holding the blanket so he can feel it too. "I'm sorry for being mad" I say into his chest. "I'm sorry for making you mad" he replies I nod "can you hold me? All night? I just need..." Cormac chuckles standing in the middle of the room holding me in a tight embrace. "Me?" He question's I nod on his chest feeling his heart beat against my face, feeling his chest press up against mine, his muscles, biceps, every little line or dent pressing against me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Cormac steadies me, he holds me down. His touch feel like home looking in his eyes feels like home. My eyes fill with tears thinking of him... thinking of Derek and how they are so freaking alike it's scary. "H-hey woah what's wrong?"

AUTHORS NOTE:
I wrote this a long time ago (wrote the last paragraph today) I'm not fully sure why I didn't post it but here it is now. I will definitely be updating this story more.