Stuck

Meredith's POV:
"Two weeks. Just two weeks quarantined here and then we get to go home." Cormac says walking through the door that connects our hotel rooms. "Two weeks." I reply sitting on the edge of my bed. "That's two weeks of endless stories, drinks, nights, days, together. You may get tired of me grey I have to warn you." He says. I look at the ground trying to hide my smile. Cormac's foot starts tapping the floor the other on the wall. I trace my eyes up his body to his eyes. "I don't doubt it Hayes." I reply he chuckles pushing himself off of the wall. "Grey, two weeks with me could be dangerous... everyone falls for these dimples." He says sitting down next to me with his hands in his pockets. "Uh-huh... dimples don't work on me." I reply. He nods "okay." I gently bump myself in to his side "you aren't very social distanced..." I tease. "Our tests came back negative... I'm okay." He says leaning his head on the side of mine.

Cormac's POV:
It's dinner time which means there's food outside our door. I go open mine to see a white hued bag with red lettering and two Styrofoam boxes inside. I walk into Meredith's room holding my food to see her doing the same. She is in a pair of sweatpants with a tank top. "Fancy seeing you here." Meredith says making me smile "hm I could say the same to you Doctor Grey." I reply she rolls her eyes "what happened to you calling me Meredith?" She asks placing her food on the table to her right. "Grey is cute..." I reply doing the same with my food. "Hmm" Meredith hums.

"First." I say placing my napkin on white blanket that was on the bed. We didn't have a table to eat at because we were in a small hotel room so we were eating on the bed. "Wait... you haven't even eaten dinner with a woman after Abigail?" Meredith asks copying my motion with her napkin. "Nope. Well not like this." I reply. Meredith makes a confused face standing up off the bed. "What's this?" She asks. I smile "just the two of us. I mean I've eaten with girls in the cafeteria at work and stuff but never alone." I say standing up to help clean up our mess. Meredith smiles "oh... you feel guilty?" She questions. She knows what it's like to have first "mm no? Should I?" I question back. She shakes her head "no. I didn't some people do but it was just... friends eating so, no." She replies. Friends... I have to keep reminding myself that's all this is, friends.

"Want a drink?" I ask completely changing the subject Meredith turns to look at me "you brought whiskey?" She asks with a smile. "Mhm and tequila... have to sanitize your stomach somehow." Meredith pushes my shoulder playfully "sure." She says I stop instantly "grey!" I say as she walks past me. My back was to her but I could tell she was look at me. "Hayes." She whispers. I knew nothing was wrong, that Meredith was fine... she was always fine. "Tequila or whiskey?" I ask looking at the ground "tequila... I don't like whiskey." She replies as I walk into my room.

Meredith sips her tequila as we sit on the couch. She's as far away from me as she can be. "You really don't like whiskey?" I ask siping my drink. "To be honest with you Cor I had it maybe once when I was in college and never again after that." Meredith replies. I nod "try a sip." I say holding my glass out to her she looks at it then at me "you sure?" She asks "Mhm... try a sip." I repeat myself. Meredith takes my glass slowly taking a sip of it. Her lips pressed up against the glass. They look so soft... so, kissable. "That's good. Not like I remember it at all." She says handing me my glass. "Told you." I say staring at her lips. "I should uh, get some sleep." She says I nod "me too." I reply. Neither of us move.

"It's cold in here." She says scooting closer to me. "Come here." I say picking my arm up, giving her room to lay on me. "You're warm." She says cuddling up in my arm. I pull the blanket that was draped over the back of the couch pulling it on Meredith and I. "Thank you." She says letting her shoulders visibly relax. I have no clue what she's saying thank you for "you're welcome Mer." I reply pulling her closer to me.

Meredith was still holding her glass of tequila, I knew she was asleep but I didn't want her to slip it. I carefully take it out of her hand making her wake up. "Let's go to bed." I whisper placing our drinks on a small side table next to us. Meredith wraps her arms around my waist "Mer..." I continue to whisper "mm." Meredith says clearly not wanting me to talk. "I'll carry you... come on." I say as she sits up a little bit letting me get up.

I slid my hands under her keens and behind her back as she wraps her arms around my neck resting her head on my shoulder. "Here." I say laying her down pulling her covers up. "Good night." I say kissing her temple before I start to walk away. Meredith grabs my hand with her eyes closed. "Stay." She says I don't move or say anything for a minute. Meredith opens her eyes.

Meredith's POV:
I was afraid I over stepped but was tired. I open my eyes as they adjust to the darkness of the room. "Please..." I say looking at cormac. "Let me get pajamas on." He replies. I look at him knowing he probably wouldn't come back. I close my eyes letting go of his hand and readjusting my pillow.

I feel the bed weigh down behind me so I turn to see. "Shh go back to sleep. I'm right here." Cormac whispers his accent thick. I roll back over pulling his hand over my waist.

AUTHORS NOTE:
I really don't know how I feel about this. I have seen on Twitter a lot of people wanting a Merhayes quarantined story so this is kind of what this is turning into I guess. Did you see that episode last night? We get Hayes next week!