Past Becomes Future

Cormac's POV:
Meredith was rubbing her hand on the back of my neck in an effort to wake me up. I groan not wanting to move or open my eyes. "Cor..." she whispers. "Hm?" I hum back moving my head some on her stomach. "We gotta get up... you haven't eaten since breakfast yesterday." I shake my head no as she stretches her arms up above her head. Her shirt moves up some with her action revealing her bare skin at the waistline of her shorts. I smile as she places her hand back on my neck. "Now your up.." she says in almost a seductive voice. "Take it slow I know but Mer..." I protest keeping my eyes closed. "You're not even awake... your eyes are closed." I run my hands down her sides to her thighs as she says this. "Meredith, I'm up."

Meredith's POV:
I lay me head all the way back in my pillow as Cormac crawls up to see my face. I smile as he looks at me. "I'm awake." He repeats himself. I laugh "I see that." He rolls his eyes "cuddles all day. I don't want to move." He says laying on me lightly. "You need food, water, maybe a shower." I protest he gasps playfully looking at me "you're saying I smell now? Wow okay I see how it is." We both laugh

"I ate yesterday." He says I look at him narrowing my eyes "mmm no you didn't... we do this thing where we eat everyday you know... to stay alive." I reply he smiles placing his hand on my thigh still laying on me. "Yes I did." He argues. "What did you eat?" I ask. Cormac runs his fingers barely touching me but my inner thigh "definitely not what I want." He replies. I widen my eyes and smile "Cormac!" I yell playfully. "I didn't lie." He says as he brings his hand up from my leg to my face.

"Are we really dating?" He asks. I think about it for a minute leaving the room silent. "Meredith I like you but I don't know if I'm ready for that..." he continues. I smile and nod "same." I say simply "but but don't let me fool you I like kisses." He says. I laugh "do you?" He nods as his lips lock with mine. "Just- kisses- friends-" I say in between kisses. "I- love- sex- too." He replies we both smile still kissing before he pulls away. "Mhm... you don't need me for that you can it perfectly fine." I say as Cormac lays on the bed next to me. "I- wh-" Cormac says while laughing. "Breakfast. You need to eat." Cormac grabs my waist pulling me on top of him and down to meet his lips. He starts to kiss me, as the kiss gets more passionate he pulls away. "I needed one last taste... no more kissing." He says as I sit up still on him. "You're an ass." I reply. "Oh so you do want me then?" He teases. I roll my eyes and get off of him standing up.

"Nope! Told Jo I'd go on that date." I say walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth. "Y-you're doing that?" Cormac follows me. "Yeah... I'm not in a relationship and I think it would be fun." I respond. I could tell he didn't like it, the idea of me dating someone. He looks upset "oh." He replies simply. I don't say anything but continue to brush my teeth. "You gonna kiss him?" Cormac asks brushing his teeth too. "Cor I don't know." I reply spitting in the sink.

(Time jump ten days.)

Cormac's POV:
"Good morning Doctor Grey." I say walking into the attendings lounge. Meredith turns around from the coffee to see me and Doctor Bailey. "Morning Doctor Hayes." She replies. Bailey scoffs "you uh have that date tonight right?" I ask walking next to her to pour myself some coffee. "I do, Jo said it was casual but cute... it's at eight." Meredith replies. "Are you excited?" I ask trying not to make the room awkward "I... am. Yes. I need to find something to wear but my soft ends right at seven thirty so I have to get ready here." Meredith replies "so you're going to get ready in here." Bailey interrupts. "I am." Meredith says sitting down at the table.

Meredith's POV:
"Who are you going on a date with?" Bailey asks as the door flings open. "Are you excited? Light make up, hair down, casual Meredith!" Jo says walking in. I shake my head looking at cormac who's sitting next to me. He was uncomfortable and I could tell. "I don't know who I'm going out with, it's a blind date. Jo it's nine in the morning I have a few hours." I answer everyone. "Good luck." Bailey says walking out of the attendings lounge. "It's someone you know... I wouldn't make it completely blind." Jo replies. Cormac place his hand on my arm before standing up. "Have fun grey!" He says as jo gets paged. "Hayes!" I say calling him back with jo running out of the room.

"Are you okay?" I ask looking in his eyes. "I'm o- yes." He replies I nod "okay." I whisper still looking at him lean on the table. "No you're not." He looks down at the ground before looking back at me as I stand up. "I want to support you but I don't want to watch you fall in love with someone to leave me here loveless." Cormac says. I nod then smile "I'm going on the date to shut jo up. I'm not falling in love." I reply as the door opens again.

"Nick?" I run up to the man standing by the door with his arms open. "Meredith!" He replies hugging me. I back away from the hug looking him up and down. "How's the kidney? The high school math? How are you?" I ask. Cormac walks out of the room. He seems jealous and I find it to be very attractive.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Oh no! I'm taking a break from writing this story so I can finish my other ones. Nick is back. The guy Meredith helped in 14x17 on greys. Did you guys ship them?