IV. SECRETS

iv. secrets
- silks of heaven, chapter four -

WALKS AROUND HOGWARTS SEEMED to calm him down the most when he was stressed

WALKS AROUND HOGWARTS SEEMED to calm him down the most when he was stressed. Whether it was for ten minutes or three hours, it always worked. For any situation.

He walked by the Gryffindor common rooms over and over, contemplating whether or not he should enter again. He still didn't know why Jasmine was mad at her, but he had a guess.

He's hiding a secret from her. He tries not to, but every time he wants to talk to her, one of her Gryffindor friends come over and snatch her away for some stupid prank or something.

He heard laughter from inside their common rooms. The Fat Lady was asleep though. There really was no way in.

Or maybe there was?

A first-year Gryffindor had just ran past him, and so he stopped him quickly.

"Hey, what's the password for your common rooms?" Regulus asked politely. The boy shook his head.

"I'm not telling you," he snarled, "you're Slytherin!"

"My brother is Sirius Black, he technically rules that common room. If he knows about this incident, living in there won't be —"

"Fine!" the kid gave in, "It's Moonstone, if you need to know."

Regulus gave him a pat on the shoulder before hiding his Slytherin tie and waking up the Fat Lady.

"Moonstone?"

"Sirius Black, if I see you roaming the halls at night again —"

"I won't, don't worry," he said.

His luck was pretty good so far, what with her thinking he was Sirius.

Nobody was in the common rooms, except Peter Pettigrew and Jasmine, sitting by the fireplace. They were flicking through a book and she had her head on his shoulder.

"Jasmine," he croaked.

Her head whipped round so quickly, she had to rub her hand on it from the pain.

"Reg, how did you get — never mind that. What is it?"

Pettigrew rolled his eyes and went up to his dorm. Clearly, he didn't really fancy Regulus being around.

"I know why you're upset," he said, "you have every right to be. I broke a rule. No keeping secrets. So I think we need to sit down for this."

"What, why?" she asked.

"C'mon, let's just sit," he reasoned.

She looked at him suspiciously and sat back down. He sat next to her and started fumbling with his fingers.

"I don't know how you're going to take this, but I've become a De —"

"Reg, I know already," she said. He sighed with relief.