XIII. LOVEBITES

xiii. lovebites
- silks of heaven, chapter thirteen -

 lovebites- silks of heaven, chapter thirteen -

TW:: self-harm. Viewer discretion is advised. Read at your own risk. Ps: messages are always open to anyone who needs to vent.

THE FIRST WEEK BACK to school was quite unusual. Jasmine and Regulus never found time to see each other in private. The only time they saw each other, they were surrounded by other people.

It was a cold, but sunny morning in January and the dew on the grass glistened in the sunlight. Jasmine woke up earlier than everyone else in her dorm room.

She slightly opened the curtains and looked outside. She could see Hagrid's Hut and the Whomping Willow from her dorm window.

She pulled her hair tie off her head and let her hair fall down and she ran her fingers through it. Her hair was knotty and tangled. She remembered the time over Christmas when Regulus brushed her hair for her. She longed for their moments they had together and alone.

She heard shuffling on the other side of the room. Marlene had woke up too and sat up in bed.

She groaned and dropped her head into her hands.

"Good morning to you, too," Jasmine said. Marlene glared at her and swung her legs around her bed.

Jasmine got out of bed and went into the bathroom to brush her teeth. She switched the lights on and shut the door. She stuck her hand into the pot of toothbrushes, looking for her own. She couldn't find it.

Instead, she opened the sink drawer, looking for a new one. She scrambled through the junk in the drawer and pulled out a blade. It brought back memories to the times when her mental health was at her worst.

She hid the blade in the back of the drawer. She wasn't ready to get rid of it yet. She pulled out a new toothbrush and started brushing her teeth.

As she was doing so, she looked at herself in the mirror. She was grateful that Regulus was there for her, he helped her better herself. He was there for her through everything. He helped her become clean.

Marlene started knocking on the door obnoxiously loud, making Jasmine jump. She finished brushing her teeth and swung the door open.

"I'm done, for fuck's sake," Jasmine muttered as Marlene entered the bathroom.

When she went back into her dorm, she spotted that the other three girls were awake now.

"Morning, Jas," Mary said, chucking her robes to her.

Jasmine thanked her as she took the robes. When she got changed, she heard someone knocking on their dorm door.

She checked to see if the rest of the girls were dressed, which they were, and she opened the door.