XII. BACK TO SCHOOL BLUES

xii. back to school blues
- silks of heaven, chapter twelve -

 back to school blues- silks of heaven, chapter twelve -

THE HOUSE WAS NOISY when Jasmine woke up. They were going back to Hogwarts that day.

She was quite disappointed, knowing that she'd be seeing Regulus less and they'd have to hide their relationship.

James knocked on her door, Regulus standing next to him. She sat up in bed.

Something on Regulus' arm caught her eye, but he hid it behind his back. Again.

Why did he always do that?

"Mum needs you downstairs for breakfast," James said. "Is all your stuff packed?"

"Yeah," she muttered, rubbing her eyes. "Could you get out of my room? I need to get changed."

James glared at her and left. Regulus still stood by her doorway.

"You too," she laughed.

"It's nothing I haven't seen before," he said. Jasmine stared at him with her mouth hanging open.

"You're a twat," she mumbled. He shut her bedroom door and sat on her bed as she looked through her wardrobe.

She slipped on winter appropriate clothes and sat down next to Regulus.

"You're making it obvious," she said. "Coming into my room when I'm changing? He'll know."

"Oh, it's fine, he's downstairs," Regulus replied quietly, "he didn't see me come in."

She nodded and said, "We should go down for breakfast."

"I'll go first and tell them you're still getting changed. Since you don't want James to know," he suggested. "Stay here for a while and come down in, like, five minutes?"

"Yeah, makes sense."

He left the room quickly. She was shutting her wardrobe door when one of the shirts fell out. She sighed and picked it up, quite annoyed. When she held it up, she got a better look at which shirt it was.

Her hands started trembling. All colour in her face was drained and she got chills all over her body. That was the shirt that she was wearing on the same night —

"Jasmine!"

She tucked the shirt under her wardrobe and gently shut the wardrobe door.