XI. MORNING AFTER

xi. morning after
- silks of heaven, chapter eleven -

JASMINE TURNED OVER IN her bed and she was shocked to see Regulus in her bed, barely awake

"Morning, beautiful."

She sighed and rubbed her eyes.

"Morning, Reggie."

As she sat up and looked around, the memories from last night all flooded back to her. She smiled to herself, thinking of their intimate moments.

"Wow," she huffed, falling back onto her pillow. "I'm just remembering it all."

He placed a kiss on her head, before getting out of bed.

"I'm going to try and run to my room to get changed," he said. She was disappointed that he couldn't stay and cuddle for a while longer. "I'll be back."

"Try not to get caught by James. Please," Jasmine pleaded. He nodded and left the room.

Slowly, she lifted the covers and sighed in relief to discover that he gave her his shirt. In the silence, she let her thoughts get to her.

She heard the door creak and she looked up. To her relief, Regulus was standing there with a shirt and joggers on.

"Did he see you?" she asked him. He shook his head and she sighed thankfully.

He slipped back in bed and she lay in his arms.

"What does this mean?" she asked. "Between us. Because I know we're not just friends with benefits."

He shrugged.

"Why don't we just go with the flow and the labels will eventually come?" he suggested. She nodded.

"Yeah."

***

It couldn't be known that they had a fling going on, so at breakfast, they sat far away from each other and tried not to make any eye contact, but sometimes they sneaked smiles to each other.

Jasmine sat down next to her mother with her cereal and tried not to look at Regulus, who was sitting next to James and grinning at her.

"How did you sleep, then?" Jasmine asked Euphemia.

"Fine," she responded. "James, dear, could you get me a spoon from the kitchen?"