XXXIV. FINAL DAY

xxxiv. final day
- silks of heaven, chapter thirty four-

 final day- silks of heaven, chapter thirty four-

IT WAS FINALLY HERE. The last day of Hogwarts. Jasmine stood in her empty dorm room, staring at herself in the mirror. All she could think about was her first day at Hogwarts:

Jasmine sat at the table on her first day of classes. James was talking to this boy he met on the train. He had long, beautiful hair and dark blue eyes. Next to him was some other boy, who looked slightly annoyed. He had a small scar on the side of his face and smelt of warm chocolate. And there was that last boy. Shy and timid, bright blonde hair and a mousy look to him.

She felt left out, none of them talked to her. The second boy smiled at her from time to time, but that was it.

Jasmine sighed and stood up, "James, I'm going to go to classes early. Is that okay?"

James barely noticed. He shook her off and she rolled her eyes, walking away.

It took her a very long time to find her first class, but eventually she did and she stood outside. There was already a group of boys there.

One of them looked over at her and scowled. She knew who that was, his parents hated hers. It was Evan Rosier.

The dirty blonde boy looked back at his friends and subtly pointed at her. Bursting out with laughter, the boys stared at her. Jasmine flushed red and checked herself. Why were they laughing?

But one of them wasn't laughing. Jasmine noticed him. He stood, looking at her with a sad look on his face. She raised an eyebrow at him. Why wasn't he laughing like the rest of them?

She noticed something about him. He looked familiar. He has raven-black curls on his head, a few falling on his forehead. His eyes were that same shade of blue as the first boy that was friends with James. They must be brothers!

When the laughter died down, that boy walked over to Jasmine and cleared his throat.

"Pot—"

"Why were they laughing?" she shot before he could even finish.
The boy stared at her, examining every little detail. His eyes shifted up and they locked eye contact for a few short moments.
"Well? Why were they laughing?"

"Oh, um," he dropped the look of smugness. "Your family. Blood-traitors."

Jasmine's eyebrows knitted together. "You can't call people that! Just because we're not snobs and don't look down on others doesn't mean you can call us that."

"I'm sorry," the boy said. "Let me introduce myself?"

She pursed her lips. "Your friends wouldn't like that. I'm a 'blood-traitor' apparently."