XXXIII. SUMMER'S ARRIVAL

xxxiii. summer's arrival
- silks of heaven, chapter thirty three-

 summer's arrival - silks of heaven, chapter thirty three-

FINALLY, THE SUN WAS out and the weather was warmer. The overall mood was lifted and everything felt lightweight.

Regulus and Jasmine had tried to spend as much time together as they could, since the school year was ending.

"Jasmine," Regulus said.

"Yeah?"

"After we finish school.. what are our plans?" he asked. Jasmine shrugged.

"Oh, I don't know," she said. "Maybe moving in? You move to ours until we can buy a house."

"Surely we can buy a house as soon as possible," Regulus said. "I mean, both our parents have money. And lots of it."

"No."

"Why not?"

Jasmine sighed and turned to him. She put his hands in her lap.

"I'm not going to rely on my parents for everything. And you definitely can't rely on yours either," she said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Regulus asked, an unhappy tone raising in his voice.

"I'm just saying," she softened her voice. "Your parents aren't exactly the type of people you want to rely on your whole life. They won't supply for you unless you carry on following their rules. Which probably means you'll end up marrying your cousin or something."

"What?"

Regulus' eyes fixed on Jasmine and he definitely did not look amused.

"Oh!" Jasmine realised what she had said. "I didn't mean it like that. I promise."

"I know what you meant," he said. "So why don't we work as soon as we finish school?"

"Work? Doing what?"

"Assist in the Ministry until we can apply for a life-long career," Regulus said. "You want to be an Auror, right? You'll definitely get that job. Top of your classes and assisting at the Ministry!"

"I won't be able to assist at the Ministry," Jasmine drawled. "I'll be working with the Order as soon as I finish school. I won't have any time to assist, Reg.."

Regulus' face fell, "Right. Guess I can just stay with my parents until I get enough money to move us out."

"No, please don't be mad at me! You know I've always wanted to work with the Order! It's not my fault, you would've accepted it too."