XIX. EXAMS

xix. exams
-silks of heaven, chapter nineteen-

THE END OF THE sixth year neared and end of year exams were right around the corner

THE END OF THE sixth year neared and end of year exams were right around the corner. June quickly arrived, bringing with it, sun and heat.

Usually, Jasmine would make the most of the heat, but she found it hard to study for the upcoming exams with this unusual heat.

"It is expected to only get hotter," the radio said. "My sources tell me that the summer of 1976 is supposed to be the hottest summer yet. That — whew — is very easy to believe."

Jasmine groaned and switched the radio off.

"Remus fucking Lupin," she shouted in rage. Remus walked over the common room, a fag hanging loosely from his mouth, and sat next to her. "Why did you install this stupid muggle thing? I don't want to be reminded of the heat."

"Sorry, Jas. But" — and he switched the radio back on — "I need to know when the heatwave is going to end. Just go study in the library if it's that annoying."

She huffed and gathered her stuff, "Y'know what? I will."

As she left the common rooms, she took Remus' cigarette and ran out before he could take it back. She swung her bookbag on her shoulder and walked through the humid corridors, pulling on her bra from under her shirt to cool down.

She quickly tucked her hair into a high ponytail, anything to cool down, and made her way to the library, which was full of people.

To her surprise, she saw Regulus sitting on one of the study tables, surrounded by books and chewing on a pen that was placed in his mouth.

She sat across from him and dropped her bag in front of her. He looked up and smiled.

"Hello, love," he beamed. "How're you?"

"Stressed. And fucking hot," she answered, unbuttoning her shirt by one button and fanning herself with her hand.

She noticed Regulus lick his lips, but he tried to hide it as she burst into laughter, causing Madam Pince to come over and lecture her.

When she walked away again, Jasmine rolled her eyes playfully at Regulus.

"You fucking tease!" he whispered.

She shrugged and re-opened her books to start studying again. After that moment, the library fell silent and she felt focused.

It wasn't long until she decided that she had done enough today and packed up to leave. Regulus joined her, as he had been studying for hours before.

"You think you'd be able to come 'round mine this summer?" Jasmine asked him hopefully while walking out of the library again.

"Stay? Nah, but I'm sure I can make a few visits and tell my parents I was at Crouch's," he said.