XXVII. BACK HOME

xxvii. back home
- silks of heaven, chapter twenty seven -

 back home- silks of heaven, chapter twenty seven -

tw: mentions of sexual assault . reader's discretion is advised.

BEFORE THEY KNEW IT, November became December very quickly and Christmas spirit was all around for everyone — besides James and Jasmine, who still weren't talking to each other.

Jasmine wondered why it lasted so long and why he couldn't bother to be the bigger person and apologise. After all, he was in the wrong.

It doesn't matter, she told herself. He's just being salty with me.

She spent most of her time with Regulus anyway, making sure to stay away from James at all costs. She sometimes would find herself with the other Marauders, but whenever James comes over, she makes up an excuse and runs off.

Today was their last day at Hogwarts until Christmas, however, and she decided to forgive him before they left.

She went up to the Marauders' dorm, expecting James to be packing, and knocked.

Sirius opened the door, his shirt unbuttoned and his tie hanging around his neck loosely. His hair was messy and sweat covered him from head to toe, even in the cold weather.

"Ew," Jasmine muttered, looking up and down at him. "Seen James?"

Sirius snickered, "Common rooms."

Jasmine rolled her eyes at him and walked down to the common rooms. She saw James on his own, counting his and her bags.

"Oh, you packed for me?" she asked, walking up to him. "You really didn't have to. Thank you, James."

"It was no problem," he replied. "Uh, you off to see Regulus, then?"

"No, actually, I wanted to talk to you," she said. "Look.."
she walked closer to him. "I'm sorry for snapping at you over ... him. But I won't apologise for being with him. I love him, Prongs."

She realised that she was back to calling him nicknames, and she felt close to him again.

"I just feel bad for being so horrible to you about it. It was awful. Avoiding you for months. I miss you," she said. He bit the inside of his cheek, then smiled.

"I'm sorry, too. For getting mad at you just for being with him. He's good for you, Jasmine, I can tell. You deserve each other, truly," he said. "I was just worried about you."

James reached out for her and wrapped his arms around her, bringing her into an embracing hug. She hugged him back, a wave of happiness rushing over her, happy that they were on good terms.

"So, is he coming round for Christmas? I want to start over with him, anyway," James smirked.

"Regulus? Oh, I don't know," Jasmine said. "Maybe.. I'll ask him. Come with?"