XX. SCHOOL'S OUT

xx. school's out
-silks of heaven, chapter twenty-

IT WAS THE LAST day of school, and as Jasmine ran around, getting everything together, the Marauders were planning their big prank for the end of year

"Pads, are you free in an hour?" Jasmine asked Sirius, as she picked up James' bags from his dorm; she decided to pack for him.

"Er — yeah," he replied, lighting a perfectly rolled joint. "Why ..?"

"James can't pack his shit, so I'm doing it for him now, so I won't be able to go down to the library and drop off my books," she explained, gathering James' clothes. "Would you be able to run down for me?"

"Yeah, why not?" he said, taking a hit of the fag.

She quickly chucked James' stuff into his bag and zipped it up, moving onto the next bag. Sirius stood by his four-posted bed awkwardly.

"So, you and Reg? You never told me the whole story," Sirius teased. "Go on, I need details, o'rite?"

"No details," she laughed. "We did ... something on Christmas night —"

Sirius let out an unnecessary gasp and said, "Christmas? The day of the Holy? How dare you, Jasmine Francis Potter?"

"Oh, shut up, Sirius," she laughed. "And after that we had a secret relationship."

"Lasted long, hm?"

"Yeah, six months."

"And counting!"

"No," she corrected. "Only six months. No longer counting ..."

Sirius fell silent, "What the fuck did he say? Why didn't you tell me? Was it mutual —?"

"Relax!" Jasmine said. "Just happened the other day. He said he loved me and walked off, I told him I had enough, cried for a little bit — actually, cried a lot — but I'm over his shit."

"Me too," Sirius agreed. "Have you finished with James' bags?"

Jasmine nodded and picked them up, "Don't you dare forget my library books, Sirius Black!"

Sirius threw his hands up in surrender, "I won't, ma'am."

"Love you," she said, leaving the dorm room.

After leaving James' bags with her own, Jasmine made her way to Professor McGonagall's office.

McGonagall had asked Jasmine to meet her there to talk about her end of year exam scores. Of course, as anyone would be, Jasmine was frightened. It was not a good sign when a teacher needed to speak about exam scores with you.

She knocked on her door and opened it to find McGonagall scribbling on a parchment.

"Oh, you're here, Miss Potter!" McGonagall smiled. "Sit."