XXXV. EPILOGUE

xxxv. epilogue
- silks of heaven, chapter thirty five -

 epilogue- silks of heaven, chapter thirty five -

Thursday 7th August, 1979.

"Jasmine Potter? We've heard news and thought you'd want to know. It concerns Regulus Arcturus Black."

THE NEWS CAME EARLY on a Thursday morning. Jasmine was in her bed, waiting for Regulus to come see her. From time to time, he stayed at her new place, but right now he was supposed to he staying with parents.

She got out of bed to go downstairs and switch the kettle on to make herself tea.

James had just left her house the night before, he was with her with Lily. They had just gotten married and said goodbye to Jasmine before going on their honeymoon.

Jasmine hummed to herself while cleaning the kitchen, it was one of the old Queen songs. Knowing she'd see Regulus again today put her in a happy mood and she couldn't stop smiling.

She carried on humming to herself as the phone rang, as she picked it up, and she only stopped when the person on the line spoke.

"Jasmine Potter?" the person said. She gave a quick 'mhm'. "We've heard news and thought you'd want to know. It concerns Regulus Arcturus Black."

Her face lit up. Was he on his way already? Early, isn't it?

"Yes, what happened?" she asked, her voice full of joy. She rested the phone on her shoulder and leaned her head sideways so she could pick up the glass on the table.

"Mr. Black was killed."

Jasmine dropped the glass and immediately let out a gasp.

"How?" was all that she managed to say.

"The Dark Lord. We suspect Mr. Black was looking for something important to the Dark Lord and got caught. I'm so sorry to inform you."

Silent tears began to fall, her sobs refusing to come out.

"I'm— who is this?"

"Severus Snape. Don't tell anyone else how he died. I felt you were the only person allowed to know."

"Thank you."

She dropped the phone and covered her face.

Jasmine almost screamed. Her cries wouldn't stop. Tears overflowed and endless sobs escaped her mouth. It pained her physically and emotionally.

Her head began to throb as she just cried more. First, her parents. Then Marlene. And now...

She couldn't even admit it. Now ... the love of her life. The only person that mattered to her. And he was gone. Killed.

How long she sat there, crying. Simply crying. She didn't know. But by the time she stood up, dizziness taking over her, it was dark out.

At her doorstop was a letter with a note on top.

Also found this. Thought you'd want to see it,
Severus.

Jasmine picked up the letter and chucked the note to a side. She ripped it open and sank to the floor to read it.

My Jasmine,

If you're reading this, I'm gone. And I'm ever so sorry for leaving you. I don't mean to cause you any pain, my angel, I love you and I will love you forever.

But I have things to do that are more valuable than my life. I've told you about it. Finding the horcrux. So this letter isn't about that. I have a few words for you.

My love, Jasmine Potter. I know. I know how awful this feels. Believe me, it would be worse if I was losing you. But if you love me, you will do as I ask. To make me happy.

Please. Please move on. Find someone who loves you as much as I do. Or more than. Get married to them. Move to everywhere we wanted to move to. Have as many kids as we wanted to. Name one or two after your parents, just like we spoke about.

You may think that's impossible, love, but is that not what we thought at first? We thought it'd be impossible to have what we had, but look. Jas, you're a beautiful soul, you're so persistent, you're so perfect, you made anything possible. You can do that again.

Please do that again. For me. For yourself. For Mum, for Dad, for Marls. I know you can.

You made my life, which was literally a living hell, happy. I never thought anyone could change my life as much as you did. I will forever be grateful.

I wanted us to have our happy ending, and you still have the chance to, but maybe we don't get everything we want in life. You deserve that happy ending. Even if it's without me.

One day we'll meet again. I'll wait for you, my Jas.

I love you. I'll see you on the other side,

Your Reggie.

All she could do was hold the letter to her heart. They'll meet again. One day, they'll meet again. He'll see her on the other side.

In the silks of heaven.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 || 𝐫.𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 🎉