XXX. FUTURE&DREAMS

xxx. future&dreams
-silks of heaven, chapter thirty-

BACK TO SCHOOL WAS a stressful and exhausting time for Jasmine

BACK TO SCHOOL WAS a stressful and exhausting time for Jasmine. She stayed close to him, but every time she saw Regulus, her heart ached. He still didn't know that she knew his parents hit him.

On the second day of classes, Jasmine was laying in his lap in her empty dorm room. It was late enough for her to sneak him in, but not late enough for the rest of the girls to be in the dorm, instead they were roaming around the castles.

She was flipping through his notes from their Defence Against Dark Arts class. Jasmine audibly sighed when she compared their notes.

"I did not understand any of this," she complained. "I don't know how you did.."

"It's our seventh year, Jas, you're going to need to pay attention," he said, peeking a smile.

"I was. Before Christmas ... but the whole situation had me thinking. And I've just been distracted in classes," she answered, no joking tone in her voice, unlike how he spoke to her.

"About what?"

She sighed again, and supported her body with her elbows. Jasmine stared at him intensely. He had a smile on us face from before, but it started to fade as he stared back.

"Look, your mother came to ours to try and get Sirius to become heir again," Jasmine began. "But, they just argued. Then he bursted something out about — about them hurting you. And I know I shouldn't know about it —"

"Jas, it's okay," Regulus interrupted. "You were bound to find out soon enough. It's just become normal for us."

She couldn't believe what he was saying.

"How? Why —?" she stopped herself. "I'm sorry, I keep asking too many questions. Regulus, you don't deserve that. At all."

"I know," he cracked. "Okay? I know. But there's fuck all I can do about it."

Jasmine swore her heart shattered into a million little pieces at that exact moment.

"I'm sorry," she sighed.

They sat in silence for a few — very long — moments. She shuffled forward on her bed and ran her fingers through his hair. She kissed his head and he dropped his head into her chest.

"I love you," she whispered, her voice muffled by his hair. "And one day, you'll move away from them. And we'll both move somewhere together. Somewhere beautiful with amazing views and a small population of witches and wizards."