XVI. RUMOURS

xvi. rumours
- silks of heaven, chapter sixteen -

JASMINE PROMISED JAMES THAT she'd watch the Slytherin V Gryffindor Quidditch match that he was playing in

JASMINE PROMISED JAMES THAT she'd watch the Slytherin V Gryffindor Quidditch match that he was playing in. What she didn't realise was that he was Gryffindor Seeker and Regulus was Slytherin Seeker.

"So what colours are you wearing?" Regulus asked, the night before the match.

"What? Gryffindor's, of course," Jasmine responded.

"Really?" he scoffed jokingly. "I'm your boyfriend now! You've got to support Slytherin."

"James is my brother. Besides, you're an amazing Seeker, you don't need my support," she said. "And I am Gryffindor ..."

"My bad," he said, throwing his hands up in defence. "I forgot."

She scoffed and slapped his arm. He looked down to her and suddenly his face changed.

"Jasmine, your nose — Jas! It's bleeding!" he said.

She quickly wiped her hand under her nose and felt the blood on her hand.

"Sorry. I get random nosebleeds," Jasmine said, embarrassed. She took a tissue and wiped her nose, but she failed and the blood only spread on her face.

"Let me," he said.

Carefully, he took the tissue and wiped it under her nose, cleaning off any blood. She looked up at him and butterflies erupted in her stomach; he really was perfect.

He threw the dirty tissue away and kissed her forehead, "All cleaned."

"Thank you," she replied, smiling uncontrollably. "I'm still not supporting Slytherin, Reggie."

"I don't mind, really," he said.

"I'll still be supporting you, though!" she defended. "I can support you and James."

ON THE MORNING OF the match, Jasmine woke up to Lily fumbling around the room.

"Oh! Did I wake you?" she asked, an apologetic look on her face. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine," Jasmine mumbled, sitting up in bed. "Why are you up so early, anyway?"

"I realised I didn't have any Gryffindor colours and Marlene let me lend some," she said. "Problem is that she's down there, getting ready for the match and I have no clue where her red clothes are."

Jasmine slipped out of bed and kneeled next to Marlene's chest full of clothes. She looked through the clothes with Lily.

"All she wears is black and white," Jasmine scoffed. Lily laughed. "Here, you can borrow mine."