VIII. JUST A KISS

viii. just a kiss
- silks of heaven, chapter eight -

THE NEXT MORNING, THE Potter household woke up earlier than usual

"Morning!"

James shouted down the hallway the next morning. Jasmine groaned loudly and woke up. She had no time to shut the curtains the previous night and the sunlight surrounded her in her bedroom.

"James, shut up," she muttered, stepping into the hallway. James stood, leaning against his bedroom door and was lighting a cigarette.

"You're awake," he beamed, "where's your mate?"

Just as he said that, Regulus stepped out of the guest room. He still had no shirt on and Jasmine tried to make it look as if she wasn't staring.

"Morning," Regulus grumbled, rubbing his eyes. He walked up to James and took the cigarette out of his hand with no hesitation. He slipped it into his mouth and inhaled. "Thanks."

James snatched it back and walked down the hallway.

"Breakfast is being made by me. Mum and Dad are at the Ministry," he said. "Don't look at me like that, Jas, I've got no clue why. Probably some sad staff party."

James made his way down the stairs and Jasmine turned to face Regulus. "Sleep well, then?"

"Yeah, alright. Thank you so much, again, you don't understand —"

"Thank me one more time and you'll be kicked out," Jasmine laughed. Regulus smiled.

"I'm glad we're friends again," he said gently. She blushed and looked down at the floor.

"Me too. I've missed you," she said. "Anyway — I've got loads of Muggle stuff Mum collected that you'd like to see, come on."

She took his hand and they rushed down the stairs. There was a homely smell coming from the kitchen and they both heard sizzling. Jasmine was quite surprised that James could cook.

They entered the living room and Jasmine began searching through the drawers to find the Muggle stuff to show Regulus. She pulled many out, struggling to hold it in her hands and she sat next to him. He admired her interest in such small and usual items like records or electricity.

James brought the breakfast in and surprisingly it looked normal. Normal food was good for James, he wasn't really the most mature person.

James and Regulus got on a lot better than Jasmine expected. She always thought they hated each other, but now they excluded her from their conversations.

"Just because I'm a Slytherin doesn't mean I get along with assholes like Snape," Regulus was saying.

"I hate him. He treats Lils like shit but yet he still manipulated her to be friends with him," James replied.