V. LATE NIGHT

v. late night
- silks of heaven, chapter five -

ANOTHER LATE NIGHT WITH Jasmine and Remus stuck under a pile of homework and studying

ANOTHER LATE NIGHT WITH Jasmine and Remus stuck under a pile of homework and studying. The Gryffindors around us chattered on and the fire crackled loudly in the corner. She put her head in her hands and groaned.

"I'm fucking stressed!" She did not work well under pressure. "Remus, how much have we actually done?"

"Less than half," he mumbled. "Unfortunately."

He glanced at the entrance of the common rooms as Sirius, Marlene and Dorcas entered. There was a boy behind them, probably in their year, but she's never seen him before. Remus scrambled the books out of the way and made his way out of the mess.

"Help me up," she said, holding her hand out for him, and he grabbed it, pulling her up with him. "Thank you."

Sirius kissed Remus on the cheek and put his arm around him and smiled at Jasmine.

"Meet a childhood mate of mine, Caspian," Dorcas said, introducing them to the boy.

"Cool! As in Prince Caspian?" asked Remus, fascinated. When no one said anything he rolled his eyes. "I forgot you're all dyslexic and never read a proper book."

Marlene looked around awkwardly.

"Er — what's a book?"

All of them burst out into laughter, but Caspian. He was just staring at Jasmine with a focused look.

"Jas, we can finish the homework another day, right?" Remus said after they stopped laughing. "Maybe tomorrow? I just want to spend time with the —"

"Yeah, I'm too tired anyway," she interrupted. "And it's only History of Magic left, James has a detention for that, may as well join him."

Remus nodded, him and Sirius now walking away. Marlene took Dorcas' hand and dragged her up to their dorm. No need to question what they are going to do. Jasmine turned to the boy: Caspian.

"Right, want to help me pack up the books, then?" she asked jokingly. He grinned and shrugged.

"No one is willing to actually pick them all up," he responded, "but I'll help. No worries."

"Wow, thank you."

They packed the books and parchment into mine and Remus' book bags. Exhausted, they lay on the sofa by the fireplace.

"How come I've barely seen you around the school, then?" Jasmine asked.

"I don't really know. I wish I got to know you sooner, though, you seem like an awesome girl," he said, "it's just I'm more of an introvert and I don't like making friends all the time. And your brother and his friends — complete opposite of me."

"Opposites attract!" she laughed. Soon they were both laughing.

"So, are you like Marlene, completely illiterate? Or would you call yourself a reader?" he asked.