XXII. APOLOGY

xxii. apology
-silks of heaven, chapter twenty two-

SUNLIGHT LEAKED THROUGH THE windows the next morning

SUNLIGHT LEAKED THROUGH THE windows the next morning. Jasmine woke up with a groan and rubbed her eyes.

Suddenly, memories from last night came rushing back and she got out of bed and went down for breakfast. Only Euphemia was awake, already making breakfast.

"Good morning, beautiful!" she beamed as Jasmine walked down. "Could you wake your father and brother for breakfast?"

Jasmine woke Fleamont and James up and sat at the breakfast table. She fiddled with the cutlery while thinking of her new friend.

She heard people outside: laughing and shouting. She sucked on her lips nervously.

"Mum, is it alright if I go cycling with a friend?" Jasmine asked.

"We're your only friends," James said, sitting next to her at the table. "Who would you go out with?"

"Shut it, Bambi," Jasmine shot. "A neighbour."

"Didn't know you were friends with the locals," Euphemia said. "But, yes, of course. As long as you use sunscreen and come back before ten."

"Ten? Brilliant! Thanks, Mum," Jasmine said. "Breakfast first, though, I know," she added before her mother could say anything else.

"Your bike is years old, though," James said, concussed. "How are you gonna go cycling?"

"I'll borrow Mum's," Jasmine shrugged. "I always uses to borrow hers."

James looked puzzled, but his focus shifted to his food as Euphemia laid the breakfast out on the table.

As the family finished their breakfast, the doorbell rang. Jasmine got excited and assumed it was Oli, so she sat up and ran to the entrance hallway to open it.

It's easy to imagine how disappointed she was when she saw that it wasn't Oli at the door, but in fact, Regulus Black.

She stared at him. Partly, because she was shocked, but she also couldn't keep her eyes off him. He looked beautiful with his slight tan, unusual from the normally pale skin. His blue eyes looked especially pretty in the summer ...

"Jasmine ... how are you?" Regulus asked. "I'm not coming in, I just wanted to come over and apologise. I understand why you're mad at me, but I —"

"I don't want to hear it," Jasmine snapped. "Get out of my house."

"I don't want to lose you, Jas," he struggled. "You mean everything to me.."

"I'm not going to repeat myself," she said, shaking her head. "Out. Before I slam the door on your face."

"Remember when you said you wanted to go to France? Well, I don't have enough personal money to get you tickets, but I brought back —"

"Get out!" she hissed.