Training

The next day I walk into the training room and look over the gathered the initiates. Six from Erudite, four from Candor and two from Amity and no Abnegation but that's not really a surprise. Six girls and five boys. "I'm Y/N your instructor. Training is split in two stages, physical and mental. We'll go through hand to hand combat, knives and guns. During the first half of the day we'll focus on strength and agility and guns or knives in the afternoon. Now lets begin." I do a quick demonstration going through a couple routine punches before directing them all over to an punching bag. 

I walk around the room correcting stances and giving pointers on how to throw a punch without hurting themselves. Four of them are well built but all of them definitely need to pack on some muscle. Two of the boys make flippant comments asking how I became an instructor but I ignore them especially when they start flirting. Walking away I stay away from them staying on the other side of the room so I don't lose my temper. At lunch I stop them all "Alright, go get some food and when you get back we'll move onto knife throwing." they all leave and I sigh following after them. 

Walking into the cafeteria I find Eric sitting alone in a far corner brooding over his tray. I sneak up behind him wrapping my arms around his neck kissing his cheek gently "Hey baby." he chuckles "Hi love, how did training go?" I sit next to him "Alright, how was your morning with Four?" he shrugs "Can't complain, but I'm with you this afternoon." I grin beginning to eat "Max said we have to keep things professional." he nods slightly and we eat the rest of our lunch in a comfortable silence, holding hands under the table.

Once we've finished I let go of his hand and we walk to the training room side by side. The initiates are mulling around waiting but stare blankly when they spot Eric one even steps back slightly. Grinning I walk over to the targets on the other side of the room picking up a knife and twirling it around "This is Eric he will be overseeing some of your training. Now everyone select three knives and line up in front of the targets." A few of them look shocked and one speaks up "Your not going to show us first?" I grin throwing my knife, it hits dead center quivering slightly. "There now line up in front of the target." 

They all scramble over to the table picking up three knives and moving to the line drawn on the floor. I watch them throw walking up and down the line ignoring the clatter of all the knives either bouncing out the target and hitting the floor or missing entirely. Eric growls menacingly behind a couple of them but it seems to work as three knives hit the target. At the end of the day most have managed to at least hit the target at least twice. "Knives away and go get some dinner and sleep." they all trudge out the room most grumbling but a couple of the girls eye up Eric as they leave.