Sparring

Two weeks into training and we are now pairing of the initiates to spar. Eric steps away from the scoring board "Right Alice, Kyle in the ring." the two clamber into the training circle getting into fighting stances. "Today initiates." they spring into action throwing punches back and forth, Alice falls with in three minutes Kyle pinning her to the ground. "Jake, Issac." the other two climb out and Alice limps over to her friends. I spare her a glance to make sure she is alright before turning my attention back to the ring. 

Eric struts over crossing his arms "They are all terrible but improving slightly." I give him a small smile "Was that a compliment?" he glares but has a hint of a smile on his face. He orders the next pair into the ring and we watch as they spar. Two of them end up in the hospital but its nothing serious. The ranks don't change much but a couple of people do move up a space. 

I move to leave but stop when two of the girls, Alice and Grace, walk over to Eric batting their eyelashes. He crosses his arms glaring down at them with an eyebrow raised. "We were wondering if you could maybe give us some private tutoring?" Eric sighs "And why would I do that?" one of them smiles "To help us improve." he shakes his head "No. Your welcome to stay behind but I'm leaving." One places a hand on his arm "Please?" he takes a step back looking at her coldly "No." he turns and I walk next to him "So how come I got private lessons?" he grins "Because you needed them." I wack his arm "The truth?" he shrugs "I wanted you to do well. And I may have had a little crush on you."

I smile brightly leaning up to kiss his cheek "Your adorable." he glares making me laugh "But like in a scary way." chuckling we walk into the cafeteria and I sit down shrugging of my coat forgetting the marks on my collar bone. B/F/N sits in front of us grinning "How was your... Y/N is that a hickey!?" I shush her and hastily pull my coat back on "No I fell." she snorts "On Eric's lips?" I give her a slight glare and Eric smiles smugly eating in silence. 

B/F/N laughs "Well changing the subject. How was your day?" I shrug "It was alright. The initiates have improved. Two ended up in the hospital and two asked for private lessons from Eric, but apart from that all was fine." she nods slightly "Are you coming to the party Saturday?" I nod "Of course." she grins "Great, see you then." she stands and leaves. Eric leans back against the wall crossing his arms "Do we have to go?" I turn to him "I'm not going to force you to socialize. If you don't want to come stay at home." he sighs "I don't want to come but I don't want to leave you alone surrounded by drunk idiots." I squeeze his hand reassuringly "Zeke and Four will be there. And B/F/N and Tori, I'll be fine."