Home

After another night in the hospital the nurse is happy that everything is fine and we can return back to our apartment, but if anything seems wrong we should come straight back. I take a long shower and change back into some comfortable clothes pulling on my boots and leather jacket. Walking out I find Eric with Maia in his arms leaning against the door frame smiling down at her nothing but love and joy on his face. "Ready to go home?" he looks up and nods handing Maia over "Lets go."

We head through the compound stopping every now and then to talk to people we know and introduce them to Maia. Finally we get to the corridor where our apartment is but Eric turns away walking in the other direction "Where are you going?" he looks over his shoulder grinning "Come on." I follow slightly confused until we reach another door "Welcome home." he unlocks the door to reveal a slightly bigger apartment. It has a lounge, kitchen, dinning table and two bedrooms. "I thought we could use some more space you know with a baby and all. So I talked to Max a while ago and got this all arranged." 

I lean up kissing his cheek "Its perfect." Our bedroom is just the same and the baby's room is all painted and furnished "B/F/N did most of this, didn't think I was capable of doing it myself." I laugh and place Maia down in her crib before pulling Eric into a tight hug "I love it and I love you, so much." he chuckles leaning his forehead against mine so his lips are barely touching mine "I love you too."

Leaving Maia sleeping I place the baby monitor on the counter while Eric moves around the kitchen a lovely smell filling the room "I don't miss pregnancy cravings or weird food aversions at all." he chuckles placing a plate of pasta in front of me "So you only want one?" I laugh "One is enough for now. Leave a couple of years then we can think about a second." he leans over the table kissing my nose then my cheek and finally my lips.

Dinner is peaceful until Maia starts wailing making Eric laugh "Suppose we should get used to that." I nod standing "Just for a few years." he shakes his head "You sit down, I'll take care of it." he walks into her room and I creep over to the door my heart melting at the sight. Eric is swaying side to side whispering to Maia who starts gurgling before quieting down and dropping back of to sleep. I rush back over to the table and sit down holding the sweet side of Eric close to my side and hoping I'll get to see a lot more of it.