Family

I grip Eric's hand tightly as we walk to the choosing ceremony joining the crowd of black. Maia is standing with the others about to choose looking relaxed and almost bored, its scary how much she takes after Eric. She may look like me but she acts more like her father. This mornings conversation plays through my mind, we told her we would support her decision where ever she went and that we could come visit if she transferred. No matter what we love her.

This year Candor is hosting so their leader steps forward giving the usual speech before starting to read out the names. Maia's is called and she steps forward taking the knife and holding her hand out over the coals. Dauntless. She choose Dauntless. Eric grins applauding with the rest of our faction as she joins the other initiates shooting us a smile. 

Once the ceremony is over we take of with the others jumping on the train with ease. Eric and I join Max on the rim of the building and my mind shoots back to the last time I was up here, to the first time I saw Eric. The initiates all gather around and once Max has introduced himself he calls for the first jumper. Maia runs forward launching herself over the edge letting out a whoop as she goes. I bite my lip to hide my smile and Eric chuckles slightly "Defiantly a Dauntless." the others follow and once the last has jumped the three of us walk down into the compound "So your training the transfers this year." 

I nod "Yea, last year before I stop." Max grins "Looks like a good bunch." he leaves and I walk with Eric to B/F/N apartment to pick up our two other children: Cathy who is 14 and Lucas who is 10. I knock and the door swings open to reveal a large pillow fort "Hi Mum, hi dad." I pull back one of the blankets "Having fun?" Lucas appears grinning "Yep. We built a fort." I laugh "I can see that." Cathy steps out looking worried "Did she choose?" I smile kissing her cheek "She did, she choose Dauntless." they both whoop and Lucas jumps onto Eric's back "I'm going to choose Dauntless to, then I can be a leader just like you." 

Thanking B/F/N for keeping an eye on them and assuring her that Lucy and Mark, her two children, also chose Dauntless we head back to our apartment. They run over to the kitchen raiding the fridge while I sit on one of the sofas leaning into Eric "What do we do when they're all grown up?" he sighs running his fingers through my hair "What ever we want I suppose. I wouldn't mind having you to myself again." I laugh turning my head slightly so I can look into his eyes "I love you Eric Coulter." he leans down "I love you too Y/N, always."