Part 53

Khushi was lying on her bed staring at the ceiling while thinking about her talk with Tanvi, and about whatever that had happened at Arnav's office.

Like Tanvi had said, communication was important and she did want to sit down with Arnav and talk about all this but she wasn't even sure on how to start the conversation.

While she was still thinking about how she would start it, her phone rang startling her, she quickly grabbed it and looked at the screen where Arnav's name was flashing.

She inhaled and exhaled and couple times trying to relax and the swiped to receive the call.

"Hello." Khushi said in a really low voice.

"Can we talk please?" Arnav asked immediately, he sounded so nervous and worried, his voice came out all shaky.

"Yeah sure."

"Okay, can I come your place or?"

"Yes you can."

"Great, I'll be there in a while." He said as he disconnected the call immediately, the way she left from his workplace must have really scared him as he sounded so worried over the call, maybe he was scared of losing her again? At least that way she knew that she was important to him.

She stepped out of her bed and headed to wash her face to feel a bit fresh, she had just spent her time lying on the bed and being lazy since she came back from work.

She freshened up and then headed to the hall and settled on the sofa as she turned on the TV and started watching some random show, Tara had gone out with Rohan so Khushi was alone at home, she had no idea when Tara was going to be back.

A few minutes later, the door bell rang, she stood up quickly and rushed to open the door knowing it must be Arnav, and it was, she smiled at him and greeted him with a hug as soon as she opened the door.

They both walked in and sat down on the sofa, Khushi muted the Tv and turned to look at Arnav.

"What did you want to talk about?" She asked.

"Us. I know inviting Lavanya to the office wasn't the right thing to do, and I understand why you are mad at me but I swear Khushi, I had no other intentions, I just wanted to make sure she wasn't punished for my mistakes." He looked at her sadly.

"I know, I get it Arnav... it's just that seeing her, it brought back all those past memories. How you acted with her in front of me, how I found you two on our bed and broke off the marriage... It's too painful."

"I know Khushi and I am so sorry, I promise you wont ever see her again, I promise I'll do everything I can to make those terrible memories go away. I just don't want anything to go wrong, I can't afford losing you again Khushi.

You are so important to me, I really love you and I will always do whatever it takes to keep you happy, I am changed and you know that too, I would never ever hurt you like I did in the past.

I am just trying to make us work here so we can have our happily ever after, so please don't break up with me." He held Khushi's hand into his and pleaded to her, his eyes were so moist he was at the verge of crying.

"I am not breaking up with you Arnav, relax. I was just angry and all those memories just had my mind messed up. Look Arnav, I told you before, it won't be easy, whatever that happened in the past would take really long to heal, of course I trust you but there's still going to be a part of me that will always be scared."

"I know, I will do whatever it takes to take that fear away, I promise. Just don't leave me please."

"I won't Arnav. I gave you this chance because somewhere I believed you won't hurt me like that again, so as long as you don't hurt me, I have no reason to leave. Apart from that we'll always need to put effort into our relationship and make it work right?"