Part 40

"Are you feeling better?" Arnav asked after a few minutes, to which Khushi just nodded yet holding on to him. She had a lot of thoughts running through her mind, she had never really known this side of her mother, it was surely heartbreaking.

"Did you get all your answers?" He asked.

"I am not sure I even wanted to know them all, not knowing some of the answers was way easier than knowing, at least before I knew some part of me always thought there might be some reasons as to why my mother did whatever she did.

But now that I have the answers, it breaks my heart knowing that all she ever cared about was money, whatever she did was for money, she was ready to sell her own daughter for money. How am I ever supposed to find peace with that Arnav?" She finally looked up at him, she was so hurt after learning the truth, she dint even know what to do.

"I'm sorry Khushi, I just thought you would need the answers, if I knew it was going to hurt you like this, I wouldn't have tried to find her." Arnav apologized.

"I am not blaming you Arnav, of course I wanted answers, I just don't feel good about the ones I got, it's not your fault, my mother is the one at fault, she did everything for her own benefit and ruined my whole life.

If she wouldn't have brought me at your place that night, you would have never misunderstood things and everything would have been so different, but look at us, just because of that one night, everything's changed."

"Did she tell you why she was constantly trying to make me believe that you were just like her?" Arnav asked, Khushi looked at him in shock immediately.

"What?"

"I had a few encounters with her, when we were kids and I would see her take you wherever she went to meet those men, sometimes my dad used to go there. She told me a couple of times that you were just like her. It was like she was planting this thoughts in my mind, making me see you in a negative way. Did I never tell you that?" Arnav asked.

"No, you never mentioned it, you told me how you misunderstood things that night, but not much about before." Khushi said.

"I am sorry... anyway it's okay, I know you well now, I don't really need any answers from her, I'm sure if I see her again, I'll get really mad, after all she's the reason why my mother is dead." Arnav said as he stood up and walked away.

"She committed suicide because of my mother?"

"Yes, she found out about the affair between my dad and her, and my dad never even bothered about her." Arnav said.

"I am so sorry Arnav, I had no idea..." Khushi stood up and rushed towards him as she looked at him apologetically.

"It wasn't your fault Khushi... Maybe destiny had it so that we fall in love but never be together, that's why it messed up so much with our lives." Arnav laughed sarcastically.

"I wish I could change things Arnav..."

"You could Khushi, It's only you who can change this. You know whatever I did was because I hated you so much right? I wanted to punish you, I wanted to do all I could to make you feel the pain that I had felt. I get it, it wasn't your fault that your mother made me believe things, but what was my fault that she made me believe things?

The only reason I did everything that I did to you was because I couldn't stand you knowing you had slept with my father, I couldn't just bear with that thought, and if it weren't for Anjali, I wouldn't have even married you, I just wanted to get rid of you.

But now I don't want that, now I know the truth Khushi and now I don't hate you anymore, I love you Khushi, and I am really trying to respect your decision because I have been so terrible to you, but I can't. I just need one chance to repent for what I did to you, one chance to make things better to show you that the Arnav in the past isn't the real Arnav, this one is, the one that loves you, the one that's asking for a chance to prove himself to you.