Part 36

After taking a little rest, they all decided to go eat lunch at some restaurant nearby. Khushi waited for them outside after getting ready while the rest of them seemed to be taking forever to get ready.

She leaned against a tree and stood there silently staring at the sky and wondering how her life had changed so much in the past couple years.

Once Arnav was ready, he headed out of the room but stopped at the door when he saw Khushi standing outside all alone. A part of him wanted to go stand beside her and talk to her, but a part of him just felt guilty for everything he had done to her so far.

She looked really sad even on a holiday, he had messed up with her innocence so much hadn't he? He felt really terrible for hurting her so much, only if there was a way he could make things better, take her pain away. He had tried so much but nothing really seemed to help.

She looked down at the floor as a few tear drops fell off her eyes and just seeing her in so much pain made him feel so hurt. He was never going to be able to forgive himself for what he had done to her.

Zakhm maine diye usko kitne magar usko hontom pe uff tak na aayi...
Dil se uthata hai kyu dard banke dhuwan, baat meri samajh me na aayi...

He turned around and leaned against the wall as tears ran down his eyes too. For a moment, he couldn't even believe it, was it possible that someone else's pain could cause him so much pain that it made him cry?

Mujhe kyun rulaye uska kuch na bolna... tere sang pyaar main, nahi todna...
Chahe tere peeche jag pade chorna... tere sang pyaar main nahi todna...

He heard Tara and Rohan's voice so he quickly wiped off his tears and tried to pretend like everything was okay even though nothing was, not anymore.

"Hey... Where's Khushi?" Rohan asked.

"I think she's outside." Arnav replied, they all walked outside and found her waiting there for them.

"You okay?" Rohan looked at her worriedly.

"Yeah." She smiled, it was such a beautiful fake smile, anyone could believe that she was actually okay, even though she wasn't.

"Great, let's go eat then." Rohan said excitedly as he put his arm around her shoulders and they all walked away. He was glad that if nothing else, Khushi had Rohan in her life, he was always going to make sure she was okay.

Sometimes, we all need a friend like Rohan in our lives, Khushi had her Rohan, Arnav dint, maybe that's why it was way difficult for him to handle this pain, because he had no one to talk to. He had only Anjali and she left, now he was all alone, getting punished for the things he had done in the past. Karma was real, he had hurt Khushi and now he was hurt too.

*****

After having their lunch, they all decided to go and chill at the beach for a while, Rohan and Tara decided to go for a walk around the beach and talk about things, Tara wanted to sort things between them so they could start a fresh as friends and see where it goes and for that, they needed to talk first and a walk at the beach was a perfect excuse for that.

Khushi sat down near the water as she played with sand, Arnav kept on standing a bit further from her until he decided it was enough of ignoring each other already, he didn't want to ruin this trip and for that he had to cheer Khushi and himself up a bit so he walked towards her and sat down beside her.

"Hey." He smiled at her faintly.

"Hey." She looked at him in confusion wondering why he was talking to her suddenly after ignoring her for a while now.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"About what?"

"About us and whatever this thing is that's going on between us. Look Khushi, I asked for these seven days so I could make things better for you, to show you that even though I was so horrible to you, you dint deserve to be treated like that, it was just my way of saying sorry to you.