Part 31

Khushi started posing as Arnav took pictures for her from different angles trying to make sure they came out perfect, he wasn't quite a photographer, but he liked taking photos of random stuff sometimes.

"This is fun." Khushi said excitedly, she felt like a model at the moment. Arnav just smiled faintly as he continued taking a few more pictures for her.

"What's wrong Arnav?" Khushi asked, she stopped posing and walked towards him looking at him curiously.

"Nothing, why?"

"I don't know, I mean when we began this you were all happy and excited, now you're just having a fake smile. Did I do or say something to hurt you?"

"No... it's not to do with you."

"Then what is it Arnav? I thought these seven days were going to be fun but they won't be if you start getting upset on the first day right?"

"I know I'm sorry I just got worried when I couldn't find you. I mean I brought you here and left you alone, I was scared Khushi. I would have never been able to forgive myself incase something happened to you."

"But I told you it was a prank Arnav, look at me, I am completely fine. It was just a joke, that's it." Khushi cupped his face and looked at him seriously. He nodded slightly and then tried to smile.

"Why were you so worried though?" Khushi asked, still holding his face.

"Why wouldn't I be? I brought you here, you're my responsibility, I care for you Khushi, I wouldn't want anything to happen to you."

"Where was this Arnav when I was married to him?" Khushi asked sadly.

"He was stupid Khushi, he was full of hate and misunderstandings, I am not the same person anymore." He grabbed her hand and held them into his looking at her seriously.

"I know." Khushi sighed as she stepped backwards, she dint want to be this close to him, because being close to him was just reminding her of how she had always been in love with him, she was still, she just dint want it to change anything right now.

"I'm sorry, I dint want to make things awkward." Arnav said.

"It's okay. So what else do you have planned? Or we're still staying here?"

"We'll stay here for like half an hour and then leave? Is that okay?"

"Sure, I am tired of all the posing, we should sit down." She smiled as she sat down on the grass facing the waterfall, the sat the looking at the water and it just felt kind of peaceful.

"Do you ever wonder how things would have been different if you dint have any misunderstandings?" Khushi asked suddenly.

"A lot." Arnav nodded.

"Can I ask you a question? What do you regret the most about our relationship?" Arnav looked at her curiously.

Khushi stared at him for a while then looked back towards the waterfall without saying anything, Arnav thought he dint want to answer it but that's exactly when she started speaking.

"When I got married to you, I was expecting a fairytale." She laughed.

"I mean of course life isn't a fairytale, but I just hoped we were going to be good together, love each other, care for each other and try not to hurt each other. Remember the night you drove us to the farmhouse of our first night? It was a big deal for me Arnav.

I mean my aunt never allowed me to talk to guys or anything, I hadn't even shaken hands with one let alone share a kiss or something. So I had anticipated those moments a lot, my first kiss, first touch, first time with you... I wanted it to be magical, I wanted it to be full of love, I just wanted my husband to make love to me Arnav. You did everything for your pleasure, and I let you because I thought that's what making love was, until to realize it later, it was never love, it was just lust... you never made love to me Arnav, and I'll always regret that all my firsts were wasted like that."

"I am sorry... I thought you were experienced and it wasn't a big deal to you, I assumed a lot of things which I regret now."

"It's funny how our first night together dint even make you question things, I mean were you that stupid or you just dint want to see anything else apart from what you believed?"

"Maybe both. I know it is my fault Khushi, you are allowed to hate me for it."

"That's the problem Arnav isn't it? Since I've known love, I have just been in love with you and no matter how hard I try, I just can't bring myself to hate you. I'd get mad at you, curse you and everything but I just can't hate you. I wouldn't be here with you if I hated you Arnav.

There's just this part of me that wants to see how things would have been different, and now that I am starting to see the difference, it's not making me happy, instead it's hurting me.

Knowing how great things could have been between us but they weren't, and I'll never have that chance again." Khushi stood up with tears in her eyes as she walked away from him. He stood up and followed her, regretting everything he ever did.

Only if he could go back in time and change things then he would have, but the mistakes were made, and she was never going to forgive him for it.

"Khushi stop." He called her out as he ran behind her, trying to catch up with her, once he was close, he grabbed her hand and pulled her back, she crashed on his chest and without even thinking for her moment, he wrapped his arms around her holding her into a tight hug.

"I am really sorry Khushi, for everything I did to hurt you. I know my apologies would never heal the wounds I gave you, I am just hoping it will make them better. I regret every day about the things I did Khushi and if I could, I would go back in time and change it, but I can, all I can do is apologize, try to make your life better so that at least you can be happy now."

"It's never going to be the same Arnav." She looked at him painfully. He knew it wasn't going to be the same, but he dint know what else to do either, he was just trying to make it better.

"I think we should leave." Arnav said, Khushi nodded immediately as they both started heading towards the car, she just wanted to go home so she could be done with this awkward situation, if they hadn't started discussing this issue, things wouldn't have been awkward, but now that they did, it was awkward for both of them.

They got inside the car and Arnav started driving, Khushi just leaned on the seat and looked outside trying to avoid him.

*****

"Khushi... wake up." Arnav shook her slightly. Khushi struggled to open her eyes as she woke up and looked around, they were still seated in the car.

"Have we arrived home?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"No, we weren't going home, I had one more thing planned for today, if you're tired we can do it some other time though."

"No... I already took a nap, you're the one that was driving so you must be tired." She said.

"No, I'm good. Come on then." He said as stepped out of the car, once the were out, Khushi looked around realizing where they were.

"What are we doing here?" She asked as she looked around, they were at a fair, there was a lot of stuff going on around, and the crowd was huge.

"Just having fun, come on, this is going to be fun." He smiled as he grabbed her hand and pulled her along, in no time the awkwardness had disappeared.

"You want to go on the roller coaster? Or are you still scared of it?" Arnav teased her.

"No, I am no more scared of it. It's strange how you remember so many things about our childhood." Khushi looked at him in disbelief, the way he used to act before, she wouldn't have thought he would remember this much.

Arnav went and bought the tickets and they both headed to take their seats, once they were ready and all the other seats were filled, it started moving.

Khushi immediately grabbed Arnav's arm and held it tightly.

"I knew you were still scared." He laughed.

"But I came anyway, because you were with me, just like when we were kids, you would let me hold your arm so I won't get scared." Khushi smiled faintly remembering those times.