Part 41

Shashi stared at Khushi in shock after she told him all about her meeting with Garima and then about everything that was happening between Arnav and her, it was quite a lot for him to take in.

"I always knew she was trying to poison your mind and teach you wrong things, that's why I sent you to live with your aunt, I had no idea she could stoop so low, and I thought I loved that woman." Shashi said in disbelief.

"I was so shocked, I couldn't believe she was the same woman that I loved so much and called her my mother, she never really was a mother to me, no mother would do anything like that to their child." Khushi said sadly.

"I am so sorry Khushi, for not protecting you any sooner, if I would have done that, there wouldn't have been any misunderstandings between you and Arnav." Shashi apologized.

"It's not your fault dad, you did everything you could, she is the one at fault and I will never forgive her for that, from today onwards, my mother is dead to me."

"She left from our lives long ago, it's time she leaves our hearts now." Shashi stood up as he walked towards her and gave her a hug to make her feel better.

"I don't know what to do about Arnav dad." Khushi said as she broke the hug and looked at him sadly.

"What does your heart want Khushi?"

"I don't know, it's no easy to figure that out when I have so much going on... I thought that Arnav hated me and we got divorced and that was it, I never knew he would fall in love with me.

It was always easy knowing that he hated me and never wanted me in his life, it isn't as easy knowing that he loves me and is trying to get us back together."

"And you are confused as to what you want to do?"

"Yes... I mean he did horrible things to me when we were married and I was still trying to make it work until it got to a point where I couldn't take it... but after he explained everything, it makes sense as to why he was so horrible to me, he dint want to get married to me but Anjali forced him so he did all he could to get rid of me.

But then the problem is, he was the one with the misunderstanding and all, as for me all I knew was I loved him, so being treated like that by the person you love, breaks your heart."

"And do you think incase you decided to get back with him, he would repeat the same things?"

"No... of course not. The past week I've seen how different he is, he is the Arnav I always remembered since childhood, he is the same guy I fell in love with, definitely not the one I got married to.

It's just that the things he did were so horrible, for which I don't think he deserves the forgiveness, it would be like me telling him that whatever he did to me was forgivable which wasn't.

I know he does regret it all, I know he asked for forgiveness and did everything in his power to make it better for me, but at the end of the day, it just doesn't feel right.

You know hurting someone for whatever reasons it was, I get it he misunderstood me, but the way he chose to punish me for it wasn't fair.

I don't really know dad, I feel stuck, a part of me really wants to forgive him, I mean I have always loved him, I still do and there's this possibility of experiencing that love just like I had imagined, but then the other part of me is confused, I don't know whether I should forgive him or not, I mean it was pretty terrible whatever he did, and someone cant just move on from it like that."

"How are you going to get out of this confusion then?"

"I don't know, that's why I am here, maybe you can advice on what to do and what not to do." Khushi Shashi hopefully hoping he would help her somehow.