Part 55

It felt lonely without Tara, Khushi had gotten used to living with her, sitting here in the hall and watching movies with her and just talking about random stuff, now she was married and she lived with Rohan so Khushi was all alone once again maybe it was time for her to find a new paying guest.

She grabbed her phone and looked at the time, it was eight o'clock yet, she had finished cooking and even eating dinner and currently she was watching some random show on tv which was boring, she dint know what else to do, it wasn't even her sleeping time yet.

She turned off the tv and headed to her room to lie down when a text from Arnav popped up.

"You asleep?"

"Not yet, just bored."

"Perfect, can I come over? Need to talk to you about something."

"Sure." She typed back, after that he dint reply so she assumed he was on his way here, she wondered what he wanted to talk about right now? Was it something serious?

She stared at the ceiling blankly, Tara had been gone for like three days only and she was already missing her company so much, it was strange how they had both become so close in such a short time.

A while later, she heard the doorbell so she headed out of her room and went to open the door.

"Hey." Arnav greeted her as he walked in.

"Hey." She replied as she followed him and sat down beside him on the sofa, looking at him curiously wondering what he wanted to talk to her about.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Us..." He said and then remained silent for a moment, she was waiting for him to talk but it seemed like he dint know how to say whatever he wanted to say and that was somehow scaring her.

"I'm sorry, I just don't know where to begin without causing you any sort of pain." Arnav smiled nervously.

"Okay, now you're really scaring me, what is it Arnav?"

"Nothing to be scared about actually, but you remember the day you left me... you were so angry, you actually burnt our marriage certificate and all that..."

"Yeah, so nothing could bind us together anymore... but why are you bringing up that now?"

"Because I realized, you burnt our marriage certificate, it doesn't mean the marriage was over. We never really got divorced. I guess you were so mad at me and I hated you I was happy that you were gone so we never thought about it, but we never signed any divorce paper or so, and just burning off our marriage certificate doesn't end the marriage, so according to the law, we are still married." Arnav said.

"That thing never even crossed my mind." Khushi said.

"I know, it dint cross my mind either, you left me, I wanted you to leave so I never even bothered as long as you left. And then we got back together and that day when Lavanya came to my office and you left...

It felt like it was going to happen again, like you were going to leave me again and I just kept on thinking about that day when you left and out of nowhere it just clicked my mind." Arnav said.

"So... where does that bring us now?" She asked.

"It doesn't change anything Khushi... I just realized what had happened and I thought I should tell you about it. So we will keep doing this, keep dating, and someday when you are ready, we would get married, like the way you wanted us to get married, we just wont have to go through the legal process again, that's it." Arnav smiled.

"I'm glad you told me about it." She smiled faintly.

"Imagine all this time and we actually never even gave it a thought."

The Irony Of FateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara