Part 17

"Why are you doing this to her?" he asked nervously.

"I am not doing it to her, she is involved in this equally, that's what she wants to do?" The woman smirked proudly.

"But she's a kid, she doesn't know what's right or wrong."

"And so are you Arnav, just a little boy, how do you know what's right or wrong, maybe this is right."

"I lost my mother because of you!" He shouted at her angrily.

"Because of your father! I'm just doing my job, if you want to blame anyone go blame your father!" She looked at him angrily.

As much as he wanted to punch or do something horrible to her in return of all the horrible things he had done to her, he couldn't, he was just a kid. She could pick him up in her arms and throw him somewhere, so he just ran away, headed straight to his room and locked himself there.

He has do many questions. Why would she do this? Why would his own father ruin his family like this? Why didn't anyone ever care about his mother? Why was this world so damn ruthless?

*****

"Arnav!" Anjali's voice brought him out of the thoughts he was lost in.

"Do you need something?" He stood up immediately and rushed towards her.

"Where is Khushi?" She looked at him seriously.

"She left." Arnav said as he looked away from her.

"And what did you do to make her leave?"

"Why do you think I did something?"

"Because you did! There's no way she would have left if you dint do something. I know she loved you Arnav, and I know you dint, but I thought one day you would, one day you'd see how great she is but I guess you were too blind to see that." Anjali looked at him in disappointment.

"Yes fine I did, I just couldn't tolerate her anymore."

"What did she even do to you Arnav? What could she have possibly done to have you hate her so much?"

"Nothing, you wouldn't understand."

"I know what her mother did Arnav, but you can't punish her for her mother's mistakes."

"I am not punishing her for what her mother did, I'm punishing her for what she did. Wait, you know about it?" Arnav looked at her in surprise.

"It happened in this house Arnav, I wasn't blind, I saw things too, I just pretended not to have seen them, it was easier to deal with it that way."

"And yet you forced me to marry her."

"Because she was the perfect girl for you, just because her mother was like that doesn't give you the right to judge her character. Why do you think she had been away from her father all this years? Because as soon as Shashi uncle learnt what his wife was doing, he thought of saving his daughter, that's why he sent her to live with his sister who was very strict, so her mother wouldn't mess up with her. Shashi uncle told me all about it Arnav, I just dint decided to get you married to Khushi just like that.

I knew how much she liked you, even Shashi uncle knew, and we thought that the feelings she had for you would make you fall for her too, I guess we both were wrong." Anjali looked at him in disappointment.

"If she was with her aunt, why did I see her in this house a couple of years back? Why did I see her go inside our father's room? Stay there the entire night and leave in the morning?"

"What?" Anjali looked at him in surprise.

"Yes, she came back, she visited him and I don't know what to think, why would she stay in the same room with him when there are a lot of rooms available? What was happening inside that room? Can you explain it to me?

Don't you think I dint give this a thought Anjali? That woman she calls her mother told me, she told me one day Khushi would sleep with our father just like she was, and she made it happen! I wouldn't blame her for the choices that were made for her as a child, but when she slept with him she wasn't a child!

Our father was a terrible man, but so is Garima, so is Khushi! And I can't forgive either of them for taking my mother away or ruining my childhood and my whole damn life!"

He stood up and headed to the bathroom slamming the door behind, he looked at himself in the mirror as the images of Khushi leaving her father's room flashed in his mind.

She walked out worriedly hoping no one would see her after the shameful act as she quickly tried to put on her jacket and shoes and then she disappeared thinking no one had ever seen her, but he had, he knew what she had exactly done, she ended up being like her mother indeed, a home wrecker.

No matter how hard he tried, those images would never leave his mind. How could she manage to fool everyone that she was innocent despite the horrible things she had done?

*****

"Thank you for letting me stay here Rohan. I promise, I'll find a place soon." Khushi smiled at him nervously.

"Don't worry Khushi, you are like a little sister to me, if I don't help you, who will right?" He smiled.

"It's just... I can't... shit I'm sorry." She broke down into tears, Rohan rushed towards her as he settled down besides her trying to console her.

"Hey, you don't have to cry, if he dint understand you, it's his lose. He lost the girl that loved him, I'm sure one day he would realize what he lost." Rohan said.

"All I ever wanted was love and respect from him Rohan. How could he even think that way about me?"

"Because he's an idiot and now no more crying. Your tears are too precious to waste on a man that doesn't value you."

"You are right. I need to focus on myself, and become successful and stand on my own feet so no man ever again will dare to disrespect me." Khushi said.

"Yes, so focus all your energy on work, our business is set, I'm sure soon you'll have everything you've wished for."

"Thank You Rohan, without you I wouldn't have known where to go. I mean dad is there but I dint want him to be worried, he's old and this might come as a shock for him."

"What if he decides to visit you?"

"I think I need to call him and tell him I'm always working so in case he wants to visit me, he should come to the office or something."

"Do you think it will work?"

"I'll figure out how to make it work." Khushi sighed.

"Great. Just remember no crying okay? Be strong, I know it's difficult and maybe I can't understand the pain you're going through but I hope you will be strong."

"I will be." Khushi smiled faintly.

"So anyway, you stay here and relax, if you need something to eat, you'll find everything in the kitchen okay? I need to head to work, you can take an off today and come back from tomorrow." Rohan said as he headed towards the door.

"Rohan." Khushi called him out.

"Yeah?"

"I hope you find her soon." She smiled at him.

"I hope the same too." He smiled back as he walked away leaving her alone.

Rohan's mansion wasn't as big as Arnav's, and anyway he lived alone here he dint really need a huge mansion, but it was beautiful.

It was all white, everything from the walls to the curtains to the bedsheet or even the furniture, it was all white, it kind of looked so Royal.

Not wanting to think about Arnav, she decided to take a house tour on her own and then cook something to pass her time, Rohan was right, she wasn't going to cry over a man who dint deserve her tears.