Part 58

The Wedding

It's crazy how time flies right? One moment you're planning your wedding and you blink an eye and it's the wedding day already. It was a similar situation for both Arnav and Khushi, their most awaited day was here, today, all of Khushi's dreams were going to be fulfilled.

She was having a fairytale wedding, she was getting married to the only guy she has ever loved and most importantly, he loved her back.

When she left him, she never thought this day would come, she never thought that something like this was possible, she had made up her mind so strong, but with time, things changed as she learnt the truth and the more she got to know Arnav, she realized she had made a right decision.

Forgiving him wasn't easy, but so far it was worth it, and she really hoped that she wasn't ever going to regret her decisions.

To a certain point she was still a bit scared, what if things changed once they were married again? What if he became the Arnav that he was before?

"Hey." Tara waved her hand in front of her face bringing Khushi's mind back from wherever it was lost.

"You seem lost, what are you thinking?" Tara asked.

"I think I might be getting cold feet." She bit her lower lip nervously.

"You are joking! Why are you getting a cold feet? You've been married to this guy before." Tara said.

"Exactly the reason, I've been married to him and at that time it wasn't pretty. I am just scared, what if we get married and he goes back to his old ways?"

"Khushi, why are you getting married if you don't trust him?" Tara bent down and looked at me worriedly.

"I trust him, but you know that fear is going to be there. It's scary, you have no idea what I had gone through so forgive me for being a little bit skeptical." Khushi rolled her eyes.

"I know, it's scary, but for the past year or so, you've been dating him, hanging out with him, spending so much of your time with him, I mean at least all that time with him must have shown you how much he has changed right? Look, marriages are always scary and with what you had experienced, I get it, it scares you.

But look at Arnav, he has been nothing but great to you since you started dating, hasn't he been? So trust him Khushi, believe in your life and believe that whatever happened in the past will remain there, it won't repeat itself." Tara said.

Khushi listened to her silently and then nodded, she was right, if she was always going to be scared, it was just going to harm her relationship, she had to trust him, she had to believe that he wouldn't hurt her like that again, and he had proved that to her, for all this time, he had done everything to make her happy and to love her.

"You are right." Khushi sighed as she stood up and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

She was dressed in a gorgeous red lehenga with a baby pink veil, one wrapped around her shoulder and one covering her head. She had gone for a minimum jewelry look, just one necklace with matching earrings and mang tika in gold.

"You look prettier than I did on my wedding." Tara pouted making her laugh.

"Shut up, you looked prettier." Khushi giggled.

"Well let's say I looked pretty and you look pretty too. I mean which bride doesn't look pretty? Duh." She rolled her eyes as they both laughed again.

"So... you ready to go? Can't wait to see your groom?" She smirked.

"I can't actually, I know he must be looking so hot, how am I going to be able to take my eyes off him?" She laughed.

*****