Part 45

After they were done with the dinner they headed out of the restaurant where a man suddenly approached Arnav, Arnav said something to him and then handed him his car keys and then walked back towards Khushi.

"How about we walk for a while? The driver will follow us with the car." Arnav looked at her hopefully.

"I don't mind, but I'm wearing heels." Khushi said lifting her leg up to show her heels to which Arnav just smiled.

"It's okay done worry, I think I've got a pair of slippers in the car." Arnav said.

"Do you always have a pair of slippers in the car?"

"Yeah, this one time I bought some new shoes and my legs got hurt pretty bad, I had to walk bare feet so since then I always keep a pair of slippers in my car just in case." He said.

"I see, I never knew that." Khushi giggled.

"Yeah, we were married but there's a lot we still don't know about each other."

"That's why the dates, we get to know each other in a way we never did before." Khushi smiled.

The driver started following them with the car so Arnav stopped him and got the slippers, of course they were a bit big on Khushi but they were way more comfortable than heels, he put her heels in the car as they both continued walking on the road, it wasn't really empty but there were a few people.

"Can I hold your hand?" Arnav asked out of nowhere.

Khushi looked at him in surprise for a moment and then nodded slightly, he immediately held her hand into his and continued walking.

"I know you like such cute romantic things that's why." He smiled making her blush once again, she never thought that her equation with him could ever get back to normal, but it was just the first date and she was already liking everything about it.

"So you called the driver only so we could walk together?" Khushi asked.

"The things we do for love." Arnav laughed.

They walked silently for a while, it was like one moment everything seemed normal between them and then the next moment it was all awkward.

"Why are you silent now?" Arnav asked.

"Just... I don't have much to say..."

"Okay... let me ask you something if you don't mind. How did you think of starting your business? I mean what made you get into fashion design and not anything else?" Arnav asked.

"It was actually Rohan's idea and he helped a lot."

"I see, it's good that you started something on your own, it's always good to start a business." Arnav smiled.

"Yeah, I remember once you told me that I was married to you because you were rich and a part of me just wanted to prove to you that I can be rich on my own." Khushi sighed.

"I am sorry for the things I did and said in the past. Your mother always told me how important money was to her, I remember asking her why she was with my father and she told me it was for money...

And me thinking that you were into the same things as her, I just thought that was it... I am really sorry Khushi." Arnav apologized sincerely.

"Looks like you're going to keep apologizing every now and then for something that happened in the past."

"Only if I could change it, I would."

"Anyway, let's not ruin the present while talking about the past. Tell me, how's your work going?" Khushi asked.