Part 26

Arnav followed Khushi inside the room as he looked around, it was beautiful, it dint have much but it was simple and nice. She sat down on the bed as Arnav kept on standing in front of her staring at her, she patted on the space besides her gesturing him to sit so he nodded and sat down beside her.

It was after long he was this close to her, and being this close to her was making him feel really good, just at peace.

"So... tell me." He finally said, looking her into the eyes.

"What I am going to tell you Arnav, is the truth, whether you want to believe it or not is upon you, I don't have anything to really prove it but yeah it is what happened according to me." She said. Arnav just nodded nervously, he wasn't sure on what to expect or if the news was going to heal him or break him more than he already was.

"I dint sleep with your father Arnav. I mean it was pretty clear, you should have realized that on our wedding night, I was a virgin when I got married to you, I mean if I wasn't then I know you could have thought that, but I bled that day dint I? Dint that make you question anything even for once?" She asked. The truth he was trying to find was always right there in front of him.

"Khushi we live in the twenty first century, there are so many ways to make it look like you're a virgin, I just assumed you did something of such sort. I mean I dint have any problem whether you were one or not, trust me if you weren't involved with him and you weren't a virgin, it wouldn't have mattered to me, it did because it was my father, my problem was you getting involved with my father Khushi." Arnav said.

"And for the last time Arnav, I dint get involved with him! What you saw that night was true, maybe what you heard was true also but I can't be sure because I was asleep.

You know why I lived away from here all this years? Because dad found out what mom was trying to do, and he sent me to live with my aunt so he could keep be safe from whatever my mother was doing. My aunt was so strict she wouldn't even let me talk to a guy let alone be friends with or even sleep with one.

Since childhood, you are the one I have loved Arnav, I never knew if you felt anything towards me but for me you were always the one, even when I went away, I never felt the need to talk to any other guy out there or anything because I just... loved you that much.

I mean of course as I grew up, I sort of realized that what I was dreaming of wasn't going to happen, I used to follow everything about you in the magazines, read each and every article, cut out the pictures and save them." She smiled as she stood up and walked towards her cupboard, pulled out a cute tiny box and walked back with it.

She opened it and poured out all the pictures of him she had cut out from the magazines and saved them, Arnav picked them one by one as he looked at them in surprise. They were so many of them, all of them since he was a kid till he grew up, she must have really spent so much time collecting them.

"So yeah... it dint really matter to me you know, I knew nothing could ever happen between us but that dint stop me from loving you... and life was just pretty much normal and then one day... my mom came to visit me.

I hadn't seen her in years, neither had my father told me anything about her or why he even sent me to live with my aunt, I was just a child who had missed her mother so much.

She came to see me when my aunt wasn't around and she knew what I felt for you so she told me she was bringing me to your place to meet you. Look at me Arnav, the girl that loved you since childhood was told that she had the chance to meet the guy she loved, what did you expect her to do?

I came along with her, without asking her any other question, she brought me to your mansion but you weren't around, I kept asking about you and she told me you were out but you would be back soon then she told me, meanwhile I should meet your father so we went to his room, sat down, they offered me some drink, I think something was put into it because I don't even remember how I fell asleep or anything that happened after that.