Part 37

"Hey." Rohan's voice brought her back from the thoughts she had been lost in, she looked up and saw him standing behind her.

"Let's go for a walk." He said as he held out his hand to her, she held it and stood up with his help and then dusted off her clothes and started walking with him.

"I have two things to say" Rohan said.

"I'm all ears." Khushi smiled.

"First of all, thank you so much. Tara told me about the little talk you two had and she considered it. So she said we can start over, we can hang out go on dates and stuff and if things go well, we'll be together once again. I don't think I would have ever been able to convince her for anything without you, so thank you so much." She looked at her with a huge smile on his face.

He was so happy, he had to be... he had been looking for her for ages, and then he finally found her, it was a big deal.

"You don't have to thank me Rohan, you've also done a lot for me, and if I was in your place, I'm sure you would have done the same too." She said.

"And that brings me to the second thing that I wanted to say." Rohan said, Khushi stopped walking and looked at him seriously.

"What is that?" She asked. He nudged her slightly so she could continue walking.

"This whole tension between you and Arnav is quite visible, I thought things were going great between you two, what changed suddenly?" Rohan looked at her seriously.

"He said he is in love with me." Khushi laughed.

"And why is that funny?"

"Because what's the point Rohan? It's like fate is playing games with me, when I was so much in love with him and wanted to be just with him and be happy, he wanted to punish me for things I never did, now look at the irony of fate, when I want none of it, is when I get all of it. When I want to stay away from him and forget about him, is when he falls in love with me. Why?" she asked as she stopped walking again.

She saw Arnav and Tara standing together a few feet away, it looked like Tara was really trying to cheer him up by saying funny things.

"So you don't love him anymore?" Rohan asked.

"You can love someone and not want to be with them Rohan." She sighed.

"I don't get it... you love him but you don't want to be with him, he loves you but he's ready to leave. Why is this love story such a tragedy?" Rohan asked.

Khushi dint reply for a while, she just kept on staring at Arnav and Tara, Arnav had gone back to sitting down again so he would avoid Tara's antics to cheer him up but for some reason, Tara dint want to give up. She stood beside him wondering what to do that then suddenly she grabbed his hair and pulled them so hard, Arnav frowned as he stood up immediately and started chasing Tara, they were like two kids pulling each other's hair.

"It is a tragedy isn't it? When two people love each other but can't make it work?" Khushi looked at Rohan, she smiled a little and continued walking.

"The problem isn't that you two can't make it work Khushi, the problem is, you don't want to make it work."

"How exactly do you want us to make it work Rohan?"

"By forgiving him. I know he has done terrible things which aren't forgivable but you have to see his point of view Khushi. Look at how messed up his family was, and how messed up his childhood was, a person could go insane living like that. Imagine how he must have felt knowing that the girl that was once his friend was sleeping with his father.