Part 21

6 months later.

Khushi was seated on the sofa, busy switching through channels, Tara was sitting beside her staring at her phone and smiling like idiot.

"I know you had this weird rule of not wanting to tell me a lot of details about your life but I need to know who this person is that's making you smile continuously." Khushi said as she looked at her curiously.

When Tara moved in, she told Khushi never to ask her anything regarding her personal life, she said she dint like talking about it or telling anyone things about her life, she never really gave an actual reason but it was obvious she had some reason behind it.

So in exchange Khushi also decided never to discuss her personal life or anything with her. They lived in the same house but dint know much about each other, like where they worked or what work they did, anything about each other's parents or partners, and a lot more stuff.

"Well you are right, we have become quite good friends in the past six months so I can tell you a bit. There's this guy I met a while ago, he seems nice and we've been talking, as friends of course and have met a couple of times too, now he wants for us to go for dinner, I don't really know if it's just a dinner that friends have together or a date." Tara said.

"How about you go for the dinner and find out, according to how it turns out, you'll know if it was just dinner or date."

"Well that's the only thing I can do I guess. So now that I've told you something about myself, how about you give me details about your boyfriend too?" Tina smirked.

"I don't have a boyfriend." Khushi laughed.

"Really? That's really strange, a beautiful girl like you being single. What is wrong with men?" She laughed, Khushi just laughed along not wanting to think about the things that had happened in her life in the past. But now that the topic was brought up, all the memories came back.

"Excuse me." She said as she stood up and headed to her room, she locked herself inside and lied down on her bed, trying to think about every random stuff but it wasn't that easy.

The past haunted her, really badly. She wished she could change it, she wished things had been different than they were but they weren't, and whose fault was this? Her mother's!

Until six months ago, she loved her mother like she always had, she thought she was the most amazing woman ever and then everything changed when she went to visit her father.

Flashbacks.

"Khushi." He dad smiled happily as he walked towards her and held her into his arms tightly.

"I missed you dad." She hugged him back tightly trying to control her tears, she dint want to stress him up, he was getting old, he had his own problems, she dint want to burden him with hers.

"Can I ask you a question dad?" Khushi asked as she broke the hug."

"Sure, anything." He settled down on the sofa as Khushi sat down beside him.

"Why did you send me to live with your sister?" She asked. As soon as she asked the question, he moved uncomfortably on the sofa, he seemed nervous like she had asked him something wrong.

"I just wanted you to get better upbringing."

"And why did you think she could do it better than my own parents? Dad you don't have to keep the truth from me anymore. I know half of it, I just need to know the whole truth from the only person I can trust blindly and that is you.

You sent me there and you were the only one that visited me, mum never came and even after I came back here, she wasn't around. I never asked because I dint want to stress you up but I need to know dad. I am a grown up, I can handle it." Khushi looked at him pleadingly.