Part 6

"What's happening?" Anjali asked as she walked towards them worriedly, their voices were too loud they could be heard everywhere.

"Nothing Anjali..." Khushi said as she quickly wiped her tears away.

"Arnav, will you tell me what was going on between you both?" Anjali asked

"Nothing sis, we were just talking" Arnav said casually.

"Talking or arguing? The way you both were talking to each other sounded more of a fight than just a normal talk... You were literally shouting so I know it wasn't just talking, so will you now tell me what was going on?

Oh and Khushi, I saw you wiping the tears off when you noticed me so speak up"

"It was nothing really Anjali" Khushi said

"Khushi don't try to cover up things, I heard you both, you were fighting so its better you both don't lie to me..."

Both Arnav and Khushi stared at Anjali silently as they spoke nothing.

"Take some rest Khushi, Arnav will be back in a while" Anjali said as she got hold of Arnav's hand and pulled him to her room.

"Now tell me, what happened?" Anjali asked

"What do I tell you when there's nothing... come on sis why are making a huge issue out of nothing, dint even Khushi tell you? There's nothing!"

"Arnav why don't you understand, she's new to this family it would take her time to learn things, if she goes wrong somewhere you have to teach her and not scold her, she's your wife not your child that you keep on scolding her for every mistake she makes.

It's your responsibility to make her feel comfortable here, once she gets used to this place she'd be fine so be good to her please"

"I can't fake things sis, I had told you earlier I wasn't interested at all in marrying that girl, I got married to her only for your sake but now if you expect me to be good to her when I don't like her at all then that's not going to happen.

I hate her, I can't treat her the way you want me to, if you want you can treat her fine I don't care, but when it comes to me, I'll do what comes naturally and every time I see her, the first thing that comes is hate"

"You have to spend the rest of your life with her Arnav, at least for once try to..."

"Sorry sis, but I already got married to her for you now please don't tell me to do any other thing, I'll not be able to" Arnav said as he walked away leaving Anjali behind worried.

Anjali herself had no idea that Arnav hated Khushi this much, moreover she dint even know why he hated her, that girl was a gem, it was hard for anyone to even dislike her then what was it that made Arnav hate her so much?

She sat on her bed worriedly thinking about her decision, unknowingly she had spoilt Khushi's life by forcing Arnav to get married to her, all she thought was that after marriage he would eventually start liking her but nothing of that sort seemed to be happening.

The hatred Arnav seemed to have for her was something she hadn't imagined, she thought it would change with time but she dint see it happening now.

*****

Khushi was lying on the bed when Arnav walked in, she quickly covered herself with a blanket and he just ignored him.

He got another blanket out of the cupboard and slept next to her...

Khushi was feeling very restless, by now she had at least understood that Arnav's behavior towards her was something that wasn't going to change so easily, she just hoped that with time he would get better towards her.