Part 44

After spending two good days at work, Khushi was finally back on track with everything so she informed Arnav and they both decided to go out for their first date tonight.

It was actually the first ever date she was going to do to, when she was in school and college she hadn't ever really dated anyone and with Arnav even though she was in love with him, it was kind of an arranged marriage, and also after they were married, they never really went on a date.

She had no idea what dates were supposed to be like, she only knew a bit from the movies she had watched, so she was quite nervous about it.

"You aren't getting ready for your date?" Tara asked when she came back from work and found Khushi in the hall busy reading a book.

"There's two hours to go, why should I be getting ready now?" Khushi asked.

"Because you have to wash your hair, dry it, curl it then put on whatever outfit you've decided, and so makeup, it's going to take more than an hour my dear."

"I am not even sure of what I am going to wear yet."

"And you're a fashion designer. Have you never been on a date before?" Tara joked.

"As a matter of fact I haven't." Khushi replied.

"You're kidding." Tara looked at her in shock, how could she have not ever gone on a date? Were the guys around her blind or what? Why didn't anyone ever ask her out.

"I am not... besides it's a long story I don't want to get to it. You've gone for dates, tell me how it's supposed to be, what I am supposed to do and all that."

"Don't worry, your lucky you have me. Now go take a shower first and wash that oily hair of yours." Tara said.

"As you say boss." Khushi giggled as she stood up and headed to take a shower while Tara went through her closet trying to find her something. Gladly she found a perfect date type dress which she had never seen Khushi wear before, it was pretty cute.

She left it on the bed so once Khushi was done showering, she would know what she was supposed to wear, meanwhile she decided to take a shower herself just to freshen up.

Once she was done showering, Khushi dried up her hair with a blow-dryer and then put on the dress that Tara had picked out. She remembered making this dress at work but she never really had a chance to wear it so it had been lying in her closet all this while, maybe it was meant for this date.

"At least you wore that without complaining." Tara said as she walked back into Khushi's room.

"I had designed it myself, of course I had to wear it someday." Khushi shrugged.

"Wow, I'm getting all my clothes personally designed by you." Tara giggled as she plugged the curling iron to the socket.

"Sure." Khushi smiled.

"Okay, let's curl your hair and then I'll do make-up for you, if I let you do your own make-up, you'll do it all natural." Tara giggled.

"I don't want anything too crazy okay, even the dress and hair feel too much for me already."

"Oh come one Khushi, trust me, Arnav is going to love it. Now how about you let me finish with your hair, so that you don't get late for your first ever date."

"Fine, do whatever you want to." Khushi laughed as she let Tara get her ready for today.

*****

After what seemed like forever, Tara was finally done with whatever she was doing, all this while she hadn't even let Khushi look in the mirror.