50

Amber's POV

I tapped at my glass in a hasty manner.

Niall took us to a bar in Collinsworth,a mile or so from where we were in Moscow.

It was warm and comfortable;close-knit.

He knew the owners,so we were ushered to a quiet place in the back.Somewhere private.

"Tell me.From the beginning."Charlie speaks after we are settled in with our drinks.

"Uh..."

I dont know how to phrase this completely,because my story started off so wrong.

"I,um,I was out shopping with Ashley..."

I look at Niall and he wears an unwavering expression.

Do I lie?

Or

Sugarcoat the truth?

Guess which one I chose.

"And I ran into Niall there.We hit it off and I knew him for a little before hand,and we wanted something different.A life with more of a...rush." I finish carefully.

I take a long sip of my drink as we all look at one another.

Emma speaks up.

"Thats great.You're of age so it doesn't matter.As long as you're happy...and safe." She eyes Niall for a moment and I sit up in my seat.

"I'm very safe,thank you," I say strongly to which she looks at me.

"Just making sure." She says and smirks.

Something in her tone made me uneasy.I look down at the table.

"Charlie," I start when I feel the whole mood shift.

"What...are you doing?" I ask when I already know his actions.

He has his gun positioned right on top of the table,facing Niall.

"What did you do to her,Horan?" He seethes and I lift up my dress a little,not letting my eyes go from Charlie's loaded gun.

My hands slip around the gun hoisted around my thigh,the one no one knows of.

"Nothing,Charlie.We're all friends here," Niall replies playfully.

"I'm not your fucking friend,Horan.I know about you and how you're a goddamn psychopathic criminal.I'm taking my sister with me.And you're going to allow it."

He laughs and drinks his beer,sighing.

"Alright,Charlie-mate,"

He leans in and smirks.

"I'm not sure if you are aware of who the fuck you're talking to.So I'll be the polite boyfriend right now,and give you the easy way out.If she wants to go,she can go.Deal?"

I look at Charlie's glare.

"Deal.No shady shit,got it?"

Niall nods and laughs lightly,drinking his beer.

I dont move as they stand to go,Charlie eyeing me.

"Lets go,Amber.I know you don't want to stay with him.You're safe now,okay?"

I don't look at him,nor do I take a motion to move.

"Amber Victoria Havens," Charlie screeches lowly.

"Oo,look you're making him mad," Niall laughs in my ear and I cant help the giggle he produced from me because of his breath on my skin.

"I'm not going to ask you again.Amber,lets go."

"Charlie,I'm not completely sure who the fuck you're talking to,and I know you don't think I'd ever want to go with you after you literally pulled a gun out and threatened to shoot." I say calmly,finally look up to him.

"I'll send you a postcard,maybe,you're not even deserving of that." I say and swallow the lump in my throat.

"You've changed, Charlie," I yell out to him before he leaves.

He turns and nods slowly,giving a faint smirk.

"So have you."

-

"Your brothers an asshole." Niall says an hour later,as we still sit in the booth.

"Yeah,he's changed a lot I guess." I say lowly.

"Aye,don't cry over him.He acted like a douche.Not your problem."

"Sorry..."

"Dont be.Got nothin' t'be sorry about."

I give him a small smile and he returns it.

"Now,we're not going to let asswipe Charlie ruin our first date.Tell me,Amber,what exactly do you want in life?" He asks,leaning in with a smile.

And then it clicked.

Niall was indeed the guy I wanted to

marry.

****

A/N

Woah,double update in one day where is my award? Haha jk hope you are enjoying this ! love you guys ♡

xx -A