• Rewind •

Remember?
The Beginning?
What if everything didn't happen as it did?
What if...they never even met?

****

"I'm not sure about this. Should I ?"

"There's no way I'm letting you choose not to go. This is huge for you,"

"NYU is great, but what about Sacramento? I don't want to leave tou all behind," I say as we exit the mall,making our way into the heat of the California sun.

"Look," Ashley starts seriously, "-dont sacrifice your happiness for someone elses. You need to worry about you first. You've been dreaming about this,ever since we were kids,Ambs. Go for it."

I give her a smile,grabbing her arm.

"What would I do without you?" I say softly before sirens erupt in the air.

I look around the parking lot bend to see a black,slick sports car speed into the lot,police cars in close pursuit.

I'm frozen in my spot for some odd reason,people running away,pushing and shouting.

"Amber-" Ash spits besides me,but I couldn't find the strength to move.

The black car stops a few feet away from us,and I forgot the urge to breathe.

"Get out of the car,Horan.Youre surrounded.We are armed."

Horan?

The windows are tinted,so it was impossible to see inside.

Then,the car door opens,revealing a man. He looks no older than I,with dirty blonde hair and tattoo's all up his arms and chest. Wearing all black with the bluest eyes I've ever seen.

I was speechless.

"Put your hands in the air-don't move-"

He gives a the most attractive smirk,in the most menacing way.

"You got me,Smith.Arent ya happy?Can go home and tell yer wife finally,eh?"

His accent. Woah. He surely isn't from around here.

Then he looked over for a quick second,then away,then whipped his head back. He just did a double take.

His eyes reach mine and hold the gaze for what seemed like forever. For that moment, I felt like I knew him. In that moment, I felt something odd. Like I wanted to know him.

Something changed in his features,and he turned away,rasining his arms higher in the air,signifying his defeat.

As the police handcuffed him and started to push him toward a police car,his eyes met mine again. His hair messy now from the rough contact and his eyes wild. He smiled wide at me. The funny thing is, I returned it.

He was pushed into a van and was driven to our precinct,in a fast fashion.I watched as they left.

"Amber!" Ashley screams and I shake my head,coming back to reality.

"Lets get the hell out of here!" She speaks nervously,pulling me.

"Yeah," I reply lowly,following.

As we drive back to my house,a nerve-racking feeling erupted in me.

Man, I thought,

I wonder what it would feel like to live in his world.

****